Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hansbrough still making friends

I guess ol' roy doesn't teach his players to set picks correctly:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-in-midsection

Not that I approve of Bynum's reaction (this was the second night in a row the Pistons got smoked by the Pacers) but watch Ty-Ty's pick, and where it is on the floor halfway through the 4th quarter in a blow-out game. Its clearly not a legal pick, but it is the kind that usually won't get called because no real advantage was gained, unless the ball-handler was driving to get to the half court logo. Apparantly Tyler had been stepping in late with these kind of nuisance picks on the guards and Bynum had enough.

As a basketball matter, I didn't see much if anything wrong with Tyler's pick.

As a moral matter and Bynum's over-reaction ... well, is there a defense fund to pay his fine, 'cause I'm in!

Wonder what the other picks looked like. That one was no big deal. But the announcers talked about how the children's book reading champion was getting under the skin of several Pistons with other picks he had been setting leading up to that point.

I hate when big guys step in to set a "pick" at the last second. Or worse shift and stick their feet out at the last second. It can be dangerous. BC was doing this yesterday and got called once I think. I'd hate to see any player injured b/c they got tripped instead of legitimately picked.

Wait...what?

Pistons and Pacers getting into a raucous in the Palace? No way...that has never happened before.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

What I'm taking away from this is Tyler is still flopping. Bynum did strike him but I wouldn't call that a punch.

Looks like the clip is unavailable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Looks like the clip is unavailable now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFmUC...layer_embedded

He is making a lot of friends.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qyf6Qr6PAAQ

Sent from my iPad

kikohozi,kikohozi!

The Pacers drafted TH, in part, for some added toughness.

They got it, and it's working out well for them.

as with other plays that "psycho T" is involved in, that was a clean block by will...all ball.

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    The Pacers drafted TH, in part, for some added toughness.

They got it, and it's working out well for them.
    There's nothing "tough" about Tyler and what he does/did. Basically, he's the kid in school who's always provoking you (while making sure nobody's looking) just enough so the teacher sees the reaction to his BS. He deserves every shot that comes his way.

From the link that jimrowe posted, it looked to me like Hansbrough's teammate actually pushed Bynum into Hansbrough. Didn't see anything that Tyler did wrong. He just happened to be the closest person when Bynum got all thuggish.

I think it says a lot TH's toughness that 5'10" Bynum did the deed and then stood there right next to him awaiting a reaction with zero fear. Sort of like when Hansbro waited for Bobby Frasier to come over so that he could pretend like he wanted to go after Gerald Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    ... says a lot TH's toughness ... like when Hansbro waited for Bobby Frasier to come over so that he could pretend like he wanted to go...
    "Hold me back" ...

I wouldn't under-rate Tyler's toughness. He does play naked ping pong. That's tough. Or maybe that's just weird.

Don't forget this nice little shove:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/8...anciunas-video

He's slowly getting a rep as a dirty player...

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    I think it says a lot TH's toughness that 5'10" Bynum did the deed and then stood there right next to him awaiting a reaction with zero fear. Sort of like when Hansbro waited for Bobby Frasier to come over so that he could pretend like he wanted to go after Gerald Henderson.
    Bynum doubling him over with that kind of hit? He should consider pro boxing or MMA. Obviously the strongest puncher since Iron Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar77 View Post
    Bynum doubling him over with that kind of hit? He should consider pro boxing or MMA. Obviously the strongest puncher since Iron Mike.
    Poor Tyler, his nose bled for 10 minutes after that hit.

Or maybe it was the anxiety of being confronted by someone 10" shorter and 60 lb lighter than he.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    "Hold me back" ...

I wouldn't under-rate Tyler's toughness. He does play naked ping pong. That's tough. Or maybe that's just weird.
    Thank you for not linking to a video!

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    There's nothing "tough" about Tyler and what he does/did. Basically, he's the kid in school who's always provoking you (while making sure nobody's looking) just enough so the teacher sees the reaction to his BS. He deserves every shot that comes his way.
    Sometimes some of you guys kill me with your bias...

We all know that if TH had decided to play at Duke he'd be glorified in the same breath as Laettner and JJ for his toughness and game.