Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Eric Green appreciation post

Erick Green's numbers are astounding. If he weren't playing on such a terrible team, he'd be getting serious NPOY consideration. I have no idea how good he is defensively, but you can make the argument that he's been the best offensive player in college basketball this year. He combines excellent efficiency with a Jimmer-esque usage rate, draws tons of fouls, hardly ever turns the ball over (relative to how much he handles it), and even posts a very impressive assist rate, all while playing nearly ever minute of every meaningful game and being the focal point of every opponent's defensive game plan. I also love the fact that he has improved materially every year he's been in college, which pretty much guarantees that he's got a great work ethic. Players like him are what college basketball is all about.

So hats off to you, Erick Green. Well done sir.

That being said, I hope you go one for 20 tonight.

Didn't Alabama [Basketball] have a #1 team that really went in the gutter? Maybe while Gottfried was still there.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Erick Green's numbers are astounding. If he weren't playing on such a terrible team, he'd be getting serious NPOY consideration. I have no idea how good he is defensively, but you can make the argument that he's been the best offensive player in college basketball this year. He combines excellent efficiency with a Jimmer-esque usage rate, draws tons of fouls, hardly ever turns the ball over (relative to how much he handles it), and even posts a very impressive assist rate, all while playing nearly ever minute of every meaningful game and being the focal point of every opponent's defensive game plan. I also love the fact that he has improved materially every year he's been in college, which pretty much guarantees that he's got a great work ethic. Players like him are what college basketball is all about.

So hats off to you, Erick Green. Well done sir.

That being said, I hope you go one for 20 tonight.
    I haven't seen much of Va. Tech and I know they've been in close games with people but it boggles my mind that you can have a guy out there who is putting up these numbers with the efficiency he is and they are last in the ACC with 2 wins. That makes me think that Va. Tech must be putting out a really, really weak line up without him. Like without Greene, they'd probably be bad in a lot of conferences. I'm sure this will be the kiss of death but I'm just not sure how they haven't won a few more games.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I haven't seen much of Va. Tech and I know they've been in close games with people but it boggles my mind that you can have a guy out there who is putting up these numbers with the efficiency he is and they are last in the ACC with 2 wins. That makes me think that Va. Tech must be putting out a really, really weak line up without him. Like without Greene, they'd probably be bad in a lot of conferences. I'm sure this will be the kiss of death but I'm just not sure how they haven't won a few more games.
    The other 4 are only there to get rebounds when he misses, and to kick it back out to him

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    The other 4 are only there to get rebounds when he misses, and to kick it back out to him
    Except if that was the case, Va. Tech would probably be better if he really took all their shots. He averages nearly 9 points more than Curry on 5 shots more.

Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Virginia Tech here, starters posted...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame...Schedule=14622

Ugh

Ovetime, of course. I hate being the 9:00 pm game!!

Ugh, I'm not sure which I hate worse - ESPN or UCONN. Totally inept play at the end by Cincy lets their game with the Uconnvicts slip into OT and now... I have to miss the start of the Duke game because I'm watching on my laptop

Go to hell espn go to hell eat $#!#!

I see a large amount of blue in this crowd!

Ok...short travel, 4 days off, lets do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Ugh, I'm not sure which I hate worse - ESPN or UCONN. Totally inept play at the end by Cincy lets their game with the Uconnvicts slip into OT and now... I have to miss the start of the Duke game because I'm watching on my laptop
    Try ESPN3

Did they call 6 or 7 fouls in the first four mins? It might be K vs. a manager by the end at this rate! And will someone please teach Doris Burke the difference between a flop and a charge? I swear, I think she's been hanging out with Lenny Elmore in the ESPN cafeteria or something.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    We're on ESPNews until the UConn/Cincy game ends.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Try ESPN3
    Thanks, I got it now. Earlier, it said it was blacked out on ESPN3. I can't figure ESPN out but happy I can watch now.

EDIT - NO. They just switched back to the UConn/Cincy game - WTF ESPN?!?!?

Greene just blew by Thornton.

Amile Jefferson has shown flashes this year, of real rebound prowess.

Lookout. With a year under his belt, and the confidence to train and compete at a higher level, Amile's going to be sick-nasty. A super sophomore, as some might say.

And another Cincinnati player fouls out. So we get to wait another minute before this mercifully comes to an end. Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Thanks, I got it now. Earlier, it said it was blacked out on ESPN3. I can't figure ESPN out but happy I can watch now.

EDIT - NO. They just switched back to the UConn/Cincy game - WTF ESPN?!?!?
    happened here too - unbelievable

Try ESPN3
    my espn3 went to commercial and came back on as the UCons Cincy game. When i reloaded it, it was still the Big East game. Totally lame.

Try ESPN3
    The game is blacked out in my area on espn3 via desktop browser. It's not blacked out on mobile, so I got to watch for 30 seconds on my iphone, but then THAT feed switched over to the UCONN game. Wtf!