View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 83-81 loss at Maryland tonight?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

13 22.81%
  • Seth Curry

35 61.40%
  • Quinn Cook

1 1.75%
  • Josh Hairston

8 14.04%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Maryland (Feb 17, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 83-81 loss at Maryland tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I think Curry is the obvious choice. 25 points on 17 shots and no free throws. If he shoots like that in March, Duke will be a tough out. This team is starting to come together on the offensive end and assuming Kelly comes back and plays near the level before he left, I think they'll be fine.

I don't really think our offense has changed that much since Kelly went out so when he comes back in, I don't think they'll need to readjust that much. We still run those stagger screens and have Hairston, Amile, and Mason catching the ball on the elbow a ton which is where Kelly did his best work.

Add in a rejuvenated Rasheed who is both shooting well but not settling and attacking the rim. TT and Josh settling into their roles and providing the spark off the bench. Cook starting to settle down and become more consistent.

Mason should bounce back and Murphy will just provide icing on the cake for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I think Curry is the obvious choice. 25 points on 17 shots and no free throws. If he shoots like that in March, Duke will be a tough out. This team is starting to come together on the offensive end and assuming Kelly comes back and plays near the level before he left, I think they'll be fine.

I don't really think our offense has changed that much since Kelly went out so when he comes back in, I don't think they'll need to readjust that much. We still run those stagger screens and have Hairston, Amile, and Mason catching the ball on the elbow a ton which is where Kelly did his best work.

Add in a rejuvenated Rasheed who is both shooting well but not settling and attacking the rim. TT and Josh settling into their roles and providing the spark off the bench. Cook starting to settle down and become more consistent.

Mason should bounce back and Murphy will just provide icing on the cake for the rest of the year.
    Agree it's a no brainer in Seth MOM, but as for Mason and Quinn. Mason needs to be a better defender and not a part time defender. Tonight he in his own words was a no show. And Quinn has me a little worried with his recent turnovers. While I have confidence in his shooting, I'm concerned in his dropoff in facilitating the offense. He needs to do both to be an elite point guard. GoDuke!

I voted for Josh. Not often we get to vote for him. He played great and some of his fouls were due to lack of respect from the refs.

I also voted for Josh as he played well above his averages and more energy than others.

Although he had an oh-fer in the first few minutes, I thought Rasheed was the best player on either team for the remainder of the game. Look at how many times he used his dribble penetration to launch the offense. And his three crucial FTs with 16 seconds left to tie the game!

sagegrouse

I'm throwing some love to Quinn Cook. He had some big buckets for us and forced a bunch of those Maryland TOs that we seemed unable to capitalize on.