Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    USC's mascot has its own product. That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Michigan?
    They go out of their way to say he's Canadian...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Espn, both the teevee network and web site, exclusively use the plain "D" nowadays, without the Blue Devil inside. Anyone know whether this comes from University/athletic department policy?

The alternate logo with the basketball and basket inside the "D" were gone from the unis and center court of Cameron as of last season.

An official Duke logo guide, dated 2011, can be found here. (No, you can't change the url for a 2012 or 2013 version.) We used to use #5 most prominently, now it's #7.
    Wade Wacko? Is that really a thing?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Attachment 6891
    Did anyone else notice the shirts the players were wearing on the bench? They said "Brotherhood" and had the "D" with the basketball in it logo. I thought the athletic department had retired the sports specific logos. Glad to see it. Recently, I had only seen it on dukeblueplanet.com.
    The Duke Basketball logo has always continued to be used as a "limited use" mark. Blue Planet always continued to use it, it is on graphics in the practice facility, offices etc., but it is not used on anything sold, on the Cameron floor or on the uniforms. You can't buy anything with it, which has been true since 2011. The team has always had its own special gear that continued to the use the ball and hoop logo, but not be sold. That being said, there is a little more Duke Basketball logo this year - it is on the basketballs the men's and women's teams use after a 5 year absence and it is on the manager's polos again. it's also used on the combined official social media feeds whereas before it was used on Blue Planet's feeds, but not the GoDuke social media sites. So, yes, there is a little more of it this year, but it's not going to be on the uniforms or standard warmups or anything you can buy. The Brotherhood shirts are a special shirt just made for the team and will never be made for the public.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

The Gothic logo/shield is also disappearing from building signs being replaced by the new "Duke" custom university logo.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Interesting fun stuff.
    Years ago DC comics created this guy... Cant think of another college mascot that has their own comic. Just saying...
    Attachment 6892

This is one of my all time favorite bumper-stickers..
    Attachment 6893

Second only to the basketball that had a Blue devil (slightly reminiscent of the Underwood ham devil) inside of the ball.
    I don't remember any other text on it.. I went to google it and couldn't find it...

But I found THIS and now think I have a new favorite...
    Attachment 6894
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Had this on my first car (a 'stang) for years (the one I had at Duke - 70-74). Whimsical...

And the window sticker "Duke University" in Gothic lettering.

Now that I am old and "mature" all I have is my "Duke74" NYC license plate. Think my loyalties are obvious enough from that.
    Massive sporks if you can find (a photo/link of) the bumper sticker with the last Blue Devil only holding up 1 digit...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    A more recent version of the Duke trademark appears at:
    http://www.trademarklicensing.duke.edu/logo_sheet.pdf
    It's dated April 4, 2013 and it seems to be the current/latest version.
    It no longer shows the 'Iron Duke D with Basketball', 'Iron Duke D with Football' or 'Gothic D' logo variations.

I'm fairly new here at DBR, and there's probably a thread I couldn't find... but has anyone noticed how much Tyus Jones looks like the Blue Devil mascot?
    tyusjones-bluedevil.jpg

The fact there is nothing with the ball and basket inside the D available for purchase, combined with too much inventory in black means next to zero of my discretionary $$$$ will be spent purchasing Duke gear.

But who cares? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    A more recent version of the Duke trademark appears at:
    http://www.trademarklicensing.duke.edu/logo_sheet.pdf
    It's dated April 4, 2013 and it seems to be the current/latest version.
    It no longer shows the 'Iron Duke D with Basketball', 'Iron Duke D with Football' or 'Gothic D' logo variations.
    Cameron Crazie and Wade Wacko also removed from the newer version.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Massive sporks if you can find (a photo/link of) the bumper sticker with the last Blue Devil only holding up 1 digit...
    I like sporks, so...

DevilsCapes copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I like sporks, so...

DevilsCapes copy.jpg
    Outstanding. Expect a PM in the AM about the "rest of the story." I'm too tired to compose tonight.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Logos are swell and all but WHAT is going on with the new "West Side Story" ankle pant warm ups?!

Flood waters must be rising somewhere along the Eno because the team looks ready to man the lifeboats.

And are they going to start tailoring the thigh underpads to not fall below the new short shorts?
    It's kind of a hot mess out there right now.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The Duke Basketball logo has always continued to be used as a "limited use" mark. Blue Planet always continued to use it, it is on graphics in the practice facility, offices etc., but it is not used on anything sold, on the Cameron floor or on the uniforms. You can't buy anything with it, which has been true since 2011. The team has always had its own special gear that continued to the use the ball and hoop logo, but not be sold. That being said, there is a little more Duke Basketball logo this year - it is on the basketballs the men's and women's teams use after a 5 year absence and it is on the manager's polos again. it's also used on the combined official social media feeds whereas before it was used on Blue Planet's feeds, but not the GoDuke social media sites. So, yes, there is a little more of it this year, but it's not going to be on the uniforms or standard warmups or anything you can buy. The Brotherhood shirts are a special shirt just made for the team and will never be made for the public.
    Looks like Nike is producing product with the D and basketball logo again.
    http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/e...106&design=106

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Wade Wacko? Is that really a thing?
    Bob Harris tried to make it a thing...but no, it's not a thing. Not yet anyway.

Oh, I like 5 and 6, dislike all the devil head logos...they look cartoonish....and the best may be the Duke cursive script seen on the football helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Looks like Nike is producing product with the D and basketball logo again.
    http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/e...106&design=106
    Those came out in Feb 2017 (along with a black one). They are the only post-2011 product with a ball and hoop, unfortunately.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Those came out in Feb 2017 (along with a black one). They are the only post-2011 product with a ball and hoop, unfortunately.
    Off the top of my head, the Iron D with the ball and hoop started in the Bill Foster era...is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Off the top of my head, the Iron D with the ball and hoop started in the Bill Foster era...is that right?
    On the uniforms yes, but I've seen a picture of the 1973-74 team (McGeachy) in their warmups celebrating the program's 1000th all time win (vs. Virginia) and I think that the logo is on the warmups. Unforutunately, I cannot find the photo now.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

On the uniforms yes, but I've seen a picture of the 1973-74 team (McGeachy) in their warmups celebrating the program's 1000th all time win (vs. Virginia) and I think that the logo is on the warmups. Unforutunately, I cannot find the photo now.
    The only doubtful thing is that McGeachy's team ever won anything...J/K.

Thanks for the info. I like that logo...liked it from the start when I saw it on Foster's teams. And while we're on topic, the Iron D on the football uniforms...my first memory of that is under McGee - the silver helmets with the blue Iron D. Good looking helmet.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The only doubtful thing is that McGeachy's team ever won anything...J/K.

Thanks for the info. I like that logo...liked it from the start when I saw it on Foster's teams. And while we're on topic, the Iron D on the football uniforms...my first memory of that is under McGee - the silver helmets with the blue Iron D. Good looking helmet.
    When I arrived on campus 40 years ago next month, the helmets had the script Duke with the devil’s tail on th e D. That stayed with various colors until 2004 when Ted Roof decided it looked dumb, and replaced it with the Iron Duke D. Didn’t help. I’ve always liked the script D on the helmets. Love the old school devils head more, though.