Oscar Pistorius, Olympic Double Amputee & Premediated Murder of GF

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...a-prosecutors/

This is just Horrible!!!! Oscar's Model & Law School Graduate Girlfriend of a few months, Reeva Steenkamp is dead, and Oscar is accused of Premediated Murder!!! Reeva tweeted out yesterday on Valentines, "Wonder what her Love would have for her on Valentines Day"!

So tragic! We all cheered for Oscar during the Olympics 2012. Domestic Violence, if this is indeed the case, Ruins lives and unfortunately, some can escape the madness and others pay for violence with their lives! Very sad story.

The story is on all the Hollywood entertainment shows, as well as the Sports Network!

RIP Reeva, and God bless your family and friends during this tragic and sorrowful time. Reeva was not only beautiful, but very intelligent and just 29 years young!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...a-prosecutors/

This is just Horrible!!!! Oscar's Model & Law School Graduate Girlfriend of a few months, Reeva Steenkamp is dead, and Oscar is accused of Premediated Murder!!! Reeva tweeted out yesterday on Valentines, "Wonder what her Love would have for her on Valentines Day"!

So tragic! We all cheered for Oscar during the Olympics 2012. Domestic Violence, if this is indeed the case, Ruins lives and unfortunately, some can escape the madness and others pay for violence with their lives! Very sad story.

The story is on all the Hollywood entertainment shows, as well as the Sports Network!

RIP Reeva, and God bless your family and friends during this tragic and sorrowful time. Reeva was not only beautiful, but very intelligent and just 29 years young!
    By all accounts, this is just an awful situation-- but, what exactly is a "premediated murder"... I'm thinking you'll want a moderator to correct both your thread title and your message to the word you (probably) meant to use-- premeditated.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...e-desmond-nair

There are a lot of really bad jokes that one could make about Pistorius about being a flight risk after being released from jail.

Run, Oscar, run!
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...e-desmond-nair

There are a lot of really bad jokes that one could make about Pistorius about being a flight risk after being released from jail.

Run, Oscar, run!
    His defense attorney is trying to put together a decent case but frankly, I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

In all seriousness, my optimistic side is hoping that it was just a mistake on his part, a huge mistake nonetheless, and the guy a lot of us looked at for inspiration is not actually a ruthless killer. I guess we shall see. Sad for the victim and her family regardless of the outcome of his case.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    His defense attorney is trying to put together a decent case but frankly, I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

In all seriousness, my optimistic side is hoping that it was just a mistake on his part, a huge mistake nonetheless, and the guy a lot of us looked at for inspiration is not actually a ruthless killer. I guess we shall see. Sad for the victim and her family regardless of the outcome of his case.
    I certainly hope it was an accident. But she was in the bathroom when he shot her, which makes the "accidental shooting of a suspected intruder" sound somewhat fishy.

In any case, I agree that it's terribly sad (either way) for the victim and her family. And it will be terribly sad for all of the amputees who looked up to Pistorius if he really did do this intentionally.

My understanding is that premeditated murder is the most severe murder charge in South Africa. I wonder how firing three rounds through a closed door fits with in with premeditation. There have been a few times over the years, not indicated so far, that similar circumstances leading to charges of first degree murder turn out to be as a result of a schizophrenic episode. Could that be a possibility in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    And it will be terribly sad for all of the amputees who looked up to Pistorius if he really did do this intentionally.
    He can still be a man who accomplished great things to overcome his physical impairment even if he went totally off the rails at one point and tragically took a life. His accomplishments, and the proof he provided that the disabled can compete with the able-bodied, are not completely diminished by this horrible incident.

-Jason "tainted perhaps, but not complete diminished" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    My understanding is that premeditated murder is the most severe murder charge in South Africa. I wonder how firing three rounds through a closed door fits with in with premeditation.
    And I wonder how being charged with the most serious crime there is in South Africa fits in with getting released on bail. I don't know about how it is in South Africa, but your run of the mill, noncelebrity accused murderer is not getting released on bail in the American system.

Blade runner seemed to be a bit of a loose canon after losing in the 200m of the special olympics 2012 (still good for silver), to Brazilian Alan Oliveira, and complaining about the length of Alan's blades. He did this immediately after the race and it was a bit distasteful at the time. He just couldn't take it that he fought an uphill battle against the regular racing world and here some upstart upstages him. This is a sad story overall and for everyone involved, and if you look close enough, the temper and bitterness has been there (for whatever reason).

Separately, the SA police having a lead investigator who is charged with 7 counts of manslaughter??? Well, this case just gets more bizzare by the day.

He could go down as South Africa's OJ. Personally, I think he probably did it, and will probably get away with it, and he deserves his day in court, and the victim's family deserves at least the truth and will probably never get it.