Boeheim Calls Andy Katz "An Idiot" during Press Conference

there's something else going on there....the question was pretty lame, but...seems like something else is going on...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    there's something else going on there....the question was pretty lame, but...seems like something else is going on...
    If you read the article at the link, you'll see a reporter's speculation on possible causes for the situation.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Boeheim and Katz

Gentlemen,

Syracuse as we all know has their own problems, with graduating their players in 4 years. I think they are around 44 percent according to the NCAA guidelines. I think that is why Calhoun from U. Conn left. They had a low graduation rate of 36 percent.
    I understand the issue of one and done, and that makes a hit to their graduation rate. But not that much.
    I feel Katz is just trying to understand the issue with Syracuse, especially the past 2 years.

I agree with the gentleman, I do not like either as well.

They are not DUKE fans!

Nice day my friends.

Jimmy

Not much to see here. A coach holding a gripe with a reporter. Then another reporter standing up for reporters everywhere.

Sporthenry

My friend,

You made my day with that comment, danka to you!

Nice day my friends

Jimmy

Is Boeheim right, here? I always thought Katz was more of a putz ...

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with Katz reporting a Southerland story that was supposed to be "off-the-record"

I guess it stemmed from an interview that Katz and Jb had. JB informed him that he couldnt answer any questions about Bernie Fine. Katz turned the camera on, and asked 5 times about the BF issue, keeping the camera on him waiting for a reaction.

I guess JB hasent talked to him since. Refusing interviews, refusing invitations to TV shows, and even hung up on him once.

I have no issues with this. The press can call out coaches and players all they want, they just dont like it when they have to sit through it.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has something to do with Katz reporting a Southerland story that was supposed to be "off-the-record"
    Actually, it seems it goes back to an interview before the preseason NIT last year, where Boeheim said he couldn't answer any questions about the Bernie Fine alleged molestation issue (which was later dropped):

“It’s really simple,” he explained. “I went to New York last year to play in the (NIT Pre-Season Tip-Off) Tournament in November and he (Katz) asked if he could interview me about the tournament. And I said, ‘Yeah, but I can’t talk about the (Bernie Fine) investigation.’

“We got in the room and he put me on camera — there were several witnesses there — and he asked me what I’d told him I couldn’t answer. I kept telling him, ‘I can’t answer that.’ And he asked me, like, 10 times on camera. He never took the camera off me.
    Katz's response is also in the article, and he denies making "a deal" not to talk about the issue, but admits that he repeated the question "five or six times" during the interview.

I wouldn't say either guy comes out looking like a champion here, although frankly Katz strikes me as fairly disingenuous to have asked something (and this is what he admits to!) six times even though the person said before the interview they couldn't discuss it, which is completely common sense with an ongoing investigation. Ask once, get a "no comment," move on, that I could chalk up to a genuine misunderstanding. 6+ times is the journalistic equivalent of trolling, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeAlumBS View Post
    Gentlemen,

Syracuse as we all know has their own problems, with graduating their players in 4 years. I think they are around 44 percent according to the NCAA guidelines. I think that is why Calhoun from U. Conn left. They had a low graduation rate of 36 percent.
    I understand the issue of one and done, and that makes a hit to their graduation rate. But not that much.
    I feel Katz is just trying to understand the issue with Syracuse, especially the past 2 years.

I agree with the gentleman, I do not like either as well.

They are not DUKE fans!

Nice day my friends.

Jimmy
    We went through a rough patch, a few years ago. Flynn, Devo, Harris, Greene, Waiters, Fab, which led to that low graduation rate. Some players (I know Waiters did) atleast finished their school work for the semester, but for the most part this is the reason our APR is so low.

Arctic Orange

My friend,

Thank you, and I do understand the situation.
    I am from upstate NY, and know Syracuse very well.
    8 out of 10 people here are from there, and graduated!
    Most I met in the service. I have to let you know, Gary Willams let us down in the ACC with his graduation rate, which was deplorable!
    I have only become aware over the past 2 years, when the Fab 5 thing came out.
    And did my research.
    Michigan is my big shocker to me as well as UNC CH.
    Michigan has a top notch medical school, a top notch business school.
    They all have excellent public health schools, medical schools, law schools.
    I was shocked by the publics, the UNC and Michigan thing troubled me.
    Aside from sports, they are top notch, and comparable to my Duke.
    The athletic thing, needs to be fixed.
    I appreciate your opinion very much.

I have an answer to the problem, but it will not fly!
    My wife went to Syracuse BTW!

Have a nice day my friend

Jimmy