View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-68 win over the Tarheels?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

10 6.54%
  • Josh Hairston

1 0.65%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

27 17.65%
  • Seth Curry

1 0.65%
  • Quinn Cook

27 17.65%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

87 56.86%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (Feb 13, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-68 win over the Tarheels?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quinn

Tyler proved tonight why he gets the minutes he gets.

Also impressed with Sulaimon, awesome freshman.

I just cast a vote for Tyler. Came up large in several aspects of the game. Kept us in position to win.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

I'll wait on the poll but IMO TT made the shots/passes when we needed them. My vote for MOTM goes to him. Rasheed a close second.

TT was clearly the MOTM. One of the few Blue Devils who didn't look like he was playing in quicksand.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    I'll wait on the poll but IMO TT made the shots/passes when we needed them. My vote for MOTM goes to him. Rasheed a close second.
    I'll agree with that. Also, kudos to Hairston for subbing in for Mason during the critical turning-point stretch. Now, if he could only stop shooting that 20-footer...

Mason held the ball for about 3 seconds after his rebound with 30+ left in the game. Up five with a one and one, a front end miss would be huge. He wanted to take that shot. He got a good roll, but that's because he was shooting straight as an arrow. No sideways bounces off the rim. That gives it a good chance to roll in. He also really manned up in the last 4 minutes with four fouls. He was pressing early trying for the fancy plays, but during winning time, he wanted the ball and made a huge difference.

Voted for Sheed, but cannot disagree with votes for Quinn, Mason, or Tyler.

TT's off. rebound started it all. He also made some big 3's. He deserves it imo

tyler came up with some big shots and big offensive boards and got my vote.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Gotta be Tyler's clutch shooting and defense. But really any of the non-seniors deserve it. Earlier in this season if Seth and Mason had a bad game on the same night we lose by 10. Today our youngsters picked up the slack.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Coaching staff vote please>

Voted for Sheed. I've loved him since day one. Nothing taken away from the rest of the team. AND I wish the Coaching Staff could get a vote. GREAT decisions made tonight.

I almost voted for Tyler but ended up going for Quinn. Besides his scoring and defensive effort, he gave the team and the crowd enthusiasm and intensity when we all needed it. I really love and appreciate his-- I'm breaking the synonym-usage rule, but I can't think of a better word for it-- intensity.
    T '05, SOM '10

Thornton!

Gotta go with Tyler. Three daggers when they really counted!

The clincher: No frigging turnovers. Quinn may have been my choice except for the five turnovers (and Mason had four).

sagegrouse

I voted for Quinn, but Tyler was huge. He brought 9 points and gritty defense.
    Anyone think that Thornton would be getting crunch time minutes at the 4?

Maybe the Best Game of Tyler's Career... Several Critical Plays at Key Times

You just HAVE to love this guy's game. Smallest guy on the court much of the night, and was constantly in the right place at the right time. The Carolina guys probably detest him, he is SUCH A PEST!!!

Yes. the three 3's were clutch. But I thought his disruptive, turnover-generating D was maybe even more impactful. And a key play late in the game was on Rasheed's (?) desperation heave at the shot-clock buzzer that caught heavy iron and was bouncing out long... TT hadrebounding position, I think on Hairston, but b/c of the long 'bound, he was NOT getting that rebound himself. But he "sold": the over the back on Hairston, and we're shooting FT's instead of NC@ch breaking the othere way. Just a smart, smart player. He also had an earlier brilliant tip on the offensive end, where he WASN'T getting the rebound over a much taller NC player, but managed to tap it out to a fellow Dukie...fresh 35 and deflating for NC@ch.

Last edited by -bdbd; 02-14-2013 at 12:34 AM.

I could easily see Tyler, and I guess I could see Quinn or Mason for their clutch FTs and overall numbers. I thought Sheed really came to play tonight, though, and was our most consistent offensive creator - he had a few huge assists, in addition to buckets. Big night for him.

Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    I almost voted for Tyler but ended up going for Quinn. Besides his scoring and defensive effort, he gave the team and the crowd enthusiasm and intensity when we all needed it. I really love and appreciate his-- I'm breaking the synonym-usage rule, but I can't think of a better word for it-- intensity.

Quinn made some really awesome offensive moves tonight -- drives, finger rolls, floaters -- I love watching him congratulate and encourage everyone else -- knocking them about after big plays, etc. Had some good rebounds too. All around excellent player, IMHO! Course we were darn lucky to get TT's 3's to fall as well. Quinn gets the edge for me...

Tyler does things that can't be quantified. I voted for him.

During the radio post-game show Capel basically said that Tyler wasn't going to let the team lose. Coach Capel stated that Tyler was doing a lot of the talk in huddles and helped the team refocus.

I've heard Tyler referred to as our Pit Bull. My Pit Bull is way nicer than Tyler. Tyler is more like a rabid mutt. I love him.