Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kadji injury

Kadji injury

Just saw a tweet that the Miami Herald is reporting that Miami's Kadji has injured his shoulder. Coach said they will know more tomorrow. Tough Break

As a fan of the ACC and of people in general, I sure hope the kid is ok.

For Miami, losing Kadji for any extended period of time would be devastating. Like Ryan Kelly for Duke, the 6-11 forward-center combo Kadji is the cog that makes that offense so balanced and flow. I thought Ryan Kelly was the most versatile big in the country, until I saw Kenny Kadji this year. He is a freak. That 27-foot three to start the game against Carolina was just sick. He's almost seven feet. Kadji has scored in double figures in each of the Hurricanes' 11 consecutive wins, averaging more than 16 per.

Hope he's ok. I want Miami in top form when they travel to Durham.

Just reminds me if how fickle this game can be. Sometimes it can seem so unkind

Coach Larranaga used the word "tweak" to describe Kadji's injury. That suggests he may think it is minor. Let's hope so.

Kadji

Sounds like he'll be OK. Durand Scott, Reggie Johnson, and Kenny K will still be eligible for 401 K's...

Quote Originally Posted by devilirium View Post
    Sounds like he'll be OK. Durand Scott, Reggie Johnson, and Kenny K will still be eligible for 401 K's...
    That's just funny

Sure hope he's OK. Definitely an essential piece if Miami is to be treated as a legitimate national title contender. Not that that is really up for argument at this point. But losing Kadji would be very difficult to overcome. He is a huge glue guy in that offense, and his versatility makes him extremely difficult to match up with.

Also a great example of how staying four years in college (or in his case, five) can really improve your game. I can't imagine why this guy wouldn't be at least a late first round pick in the NBA draft.

Get well soon

Here is wishing Kenny a quick return to health. He is a key part of Miami's success. Injuries suck so I hope this one is minor.
    Bob Green

yeah....I want kenny healthy and miami at full strength....

regardless of how the durham game goes, they are gonna do some damage at the dance....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I don't recall seeing an overabundance of love come our way when Seth was injured or RK and JH.
    Most other fans just looked at it as a way to get some measure of payback.

On a human level, I have no ill will or malice for KK and wish him well.

But if there is an advantage to be had for us due to his misfortune, I have no problem stating it and taking it.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I don't recall seeing an overabundance of love come our way when Seth was injured or RK and JH.

But if there is an advantage to be had for us due to his misfortune, I have no problem stating it and taking it.
    Sorry.
    I'm not a religious man, but that whole Golden Rule thing has its merits.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post

Sorry.
    While you might "think" this - never say it out loud. Don't upset the Basketball Gods.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This is in no way a reference to Wilko (because I know he wasn't being malicious and I completely get what he's saying about how nobody seems to care that we've struggled through numerous, season-destroying injuries over the past several seasons; they just look at it as, tough luck, Duke), but, unfortunately, the Golden Rule is not one that many subscribe to. It's amazing the lack of respect that people have for one another. For instance, just this morning, on my way into work, I witnessed a car full of grown men (probably college-aged students) purposefully drive a car through street water to splash a woman on the sidewalk.

It is the world we live in. You better believe that parties were privately thrown in living rooms all up and down the coast when Ryan Kelly went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    ...but, unfortunately, the Golden Rule is not one that many subscribe to...
    You will receive no argument from me.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    While you might "think" this - never say it out loud. Don't upset the Basketball Gods.
    You are prolly right. I would have been better served to remain quiet.
    Chalk it up to my having a Frank Underwood moment.

Whatever is wrong with Kenny seems minor. I'm sure he'll be good to go for the Duke game.
    Seemingly everyone is restored just before tip when we take the court.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    What wouldn't Maryland fans do?

Get well soon, Kenny.

I don't like the term "religious", but I guess that is how someone else would define me. My daddy told me a long time ago that "religion has ruined a lot of good men"... I can see that.

So, I do not wish anyone any pain or injury, and when pain or injury does come I pray that it will be short lived and that some good will come of it as I do with any bad circumstance.

Having said that...

I gave up on "caring" about the ACC a long time ago. I don't wish other ACC members any bad will, but neither do I really pull for them to do well either. (I do pull for UNC to lose, but not sure that counts since we are taught to hate evil )???

I am more apathetic these days with regards to our ACC bretheren. I used to feel quite different. But the conference isn't what it used to be in a lot of ways. I have teams that I like to see do well (Wake, NCSU), but I will not pull for a VT or Miami when they play an OOC school just because we share a revenue stream... (this week).

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    What wouldn't Maryland fans do?

Get well soon, Kenny.
    Riot, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Sure hope he's OK. Definitely an essential piece if Miami is to be treated as a legitimate national title contender. Not that that is really up for argument at this point. But losing Kadji would be very difficult to overcome. He is a huge glue guy in that offense, and his versatility makes him extremely difficult to match up with.

Also a great example of how staying four years in college (or in his case, five) can really improve your game. I can't imagine why this guy wouldn't be at least a late first round pick in the NBA draft.
    I think being 25 at the time of the draft will hurt his draft stock quite a bit. In comparison, Seth will only be 22.

He who has the gold, makes the rules. Is that the one you were talking about

-JE
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?