Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke at Boston College Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

In conference games, Duke is 2nd in 3 PT FG PCT at 40.3%, while Boston College is dead last in 3 PT FG PCT Defense at 42.7%. Boston College doesn't play a lot of size so we should see Duke dumping it inside to Mason Plumlee early and often to force BC to pick their poison: double team Mason and take their chances on the 3-ball or defend the 3 point line and play Mason straight up.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In conference games, Duke is 2nd in 3 PT FG PCT at 40.3%, while Boston College is dead last in 3 PT FG PCT Defense at 42.7%. Boston College doesn't play a lot of size so we should see Duke dumping it inside to Mason Plumlee early and often to force BC to pick their poison: double team Mason and take their chances on the 3-ball or defend the 3 point line and play Mason straight up.
    If this game is played, we should crush them like we crushed FSU. They are small and have only a couple of good players. Given their limited size, we look again to see Murphy as the primary backup at PF.

trap game!

This has trap written all over it... between NC State and UNC... and all this snow crziness. Focus is needed by the players - BC may not be great but, well, neither is Wake and that was a 'survive' game. And that game was just a drive down the road. Consider we have won TWO road games this year I think. I am surprised how lightly people seem to take this. BC pushed Miami to a one point win at BC.

All road games are tough. this one even more so by the two games that border it. What are we on the road - 2 and 2?

Current Vegas line has Duke as a 12.5 points favorite with the over/under at 143.5 so they are looking for a score in the neighborhood of 78-65.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...cfm/team/duke
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Current Vegas line has Duke as a 12.5 points favorite with the over/under at 143.5 so they are looking for a score in the neighborhood of 78-65.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...cfm/team/duke
    That line looks about right. Duke should win this, but nothing is a lock on the road this season. Establish Mason inside early and often, because he will have a big advantage over BC's inside players, and let the offensive attack build out from there. On defense, it's focus, communication, and intensity as always.

If you look at the minutes played for games before a UNC game, you see that K consistently rests his starters more in those games. I guess actions speak louder than words, and he takes those Carolina games seriously! (As do we all...) With the bench being Marshall, Thornton and Murphy it will be interesting to see if he can still follow this strategy. If the game allows, we might see Mason and Marshall seeing 25/15 minutes, about 20 minutes for Murphy --resting the guards is less critical as their game is less physically demanding. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Thornton filling in for Curry for much of the game. If the game allows...I also wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning but with the kind of game that causes a lot of kvetching on the message boards for a lackluster performance, due to the travel issues and the fact that this game is sandwiched into between the state game and the upcoming UNC game, which could affect our focus.

On paper, we should be able to score almost at will tonight, as BC is very poor defensively and has no one that can contend with Mason down low. Given that Ryan Anderson is their only real scorer, I wonder if Clifford and/or Van Nest will see more minutes than usual tonight guarding Mason. That would give Anderson the much easier defensive assignment of guarding our 4's, thereby saving his energy for offense.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    If you look at the minutes played for games before a UNC game, you see that K consistently rests his starters more in those games. I guess actions speak louder than words, and he takes those Carolina games seriously! (As do we all...) With the bench being Marshall, Thornton and Murphy it will be interesting to see if he can still follow this strategy. If the game allows, we might see Mason and Marshall seeing 25/15 minutes, about 20 minutes for Murphy --resting the guards is less critical as their game is less physically demanding. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Thornton filling in for Curry for much of the game. If the game allows...I also wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning but with the kind of game that causes a lot of kvetching on the message boards for a lackluster performance, due to the travel issues and the fact that this game is sandwiched into between the state game and the upcoming UNC game, which could affect our focus.
    Hopefully it is the type of margin that we can afford to rest our starters some. That said, I expect many of our starters to play a ton. No way Coach K takes any chances in this one.

is there anywhere to watch this if you don't have ESPNU?

Quote Originally Posted by statik73 View Post
    is there anywhere to watch this if you don't have ESPNU?
    http://atdhe.so/watch.php?id=592865
    April 1

?I am in a hotel that does not have ESPNU tonight. This sucks!

Live tempo-based stats for Duke/BC here, starters posted...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame...Schedule=14606

Is ESPNU cutting out for anyone else? I have Charter cable and it keeps blacking out about every 10-15 seconds.

Ugly Ugly Start

Ewww.. it's obvious we're not warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Seems like nothing's working online so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrius View Post
    That's working perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrius View Post
    You haven't missed much

Well there is the Duke slow start. Perhaps making up for the past few games and hopefully the next few as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    That's working perfectly for me.
    The link above? It says that it's been disabled on my end.

We're going to have to shoot from outside. They are *really* clogging the lane.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?