ESPN has a brief with Mason Plumlee - comments on Ryan Kelly

Can someone tell me what Mason says regarding Ryan please in this short video on ESPN? thanks! Doubt that it is much but I cant watch the video here at work.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ke-blue-devils

ESPN
    "Built To Perform: Mason Plumlee..
    Mason Plumlee joins Andy Katz to discuss being a player of the year candidate and Ryan Kelly's injury status."

* Thanks for posting what Mason says about Ryan here on the board. Much appreciated

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Nothing new—doesn't know exactly what's wrong, but he's rehabbing hard and Mason "wouldn't be surprised" if he's back for ACCT.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Can someone tell me what Mason says regarding Ryan please in this short video on ESPN? thanks! Doubt that it is much but I cant watch the video here at work.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ke-blue-devils

ESPN
    "Built To Perform: Mason Plumlee..
    Mason Plumlee joins Andy Katz to discuss being a player of the year candidate and Ryan Kelly's injury status."

* Thanks for posting what Mason says about Ryan here on the board. Much appreciated
    What is his injury?
    "A lot of medical jargon and stuff I don't completely understand, but I know he's aggressively rehabbing...he's doing everything he can to get back. Some of those injuries take time."

Chances of ACC tournament return?
    "Oh! I wouldn't be surprised if we have him back then. Obviously, it's up to the doctors and trainers, but there has been progress made. He's doing more now than he was a month ago. It's one of those situations that it just takes time to heal, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had him back by the end of the ACC season."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    What is his injury?
    "A lot of medical jargon and stuff I don't completely understand, but I know he's aggressively rehabbing...he's doing everything he can to get back. Some of those injuries take time."

"Oh! I wouldn't be surprised if we have him back then. Obviously, it's up to the doctors and trainers, but there has been progress made. He's doing more now than he was a month ago. It's one of those situations that it just takes time to heal, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had him back by the end of the ACC season."
    That's encouraging.

Not very...

You can only parse a college student's words so carefully, but Mason saying he "wouldn't be surprised" if Ryan is back by the ATT Tourney doesn't sound encouraging to me. If he said he's sure of it or confident of it, I'd take that as good news. This just seems like the same old "we just don't really know a whole lot..." If there's good news out there, no one is saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyman View Post
    If there's good news out there, no one is saying it.
    Tru dat!

You can only parse a college student's words so carefully, but Mason saying he "wouldn't be surprised" if Ryan is back by the ATT Tourney doesn't sound encouraging to me. If he said he's sure of it or confident of it, I'd take that as good news. This just seems like the same old "we just don't really know a whole lot..." If there's good news out there, no one is saying it.
    I think you're reading too much into it..."wouldn't be surprised" is about as much as a player is likely to say when the team stance on the issue is to keep the info in house.

I think that it was tough to get much information from the video.

I do, however, think that he will be back at some point this year.

9. Quote Originally Posted by wallyman View Post
    On the contrary I had a different take. If you look at Mason's expression when the question was asked, it looked like he was thinking "Duh, Ryan should definitely be back by then!" before calming down and providing a watered down answer.

But that could be me seeing things I wanna see.

So, if that is the case why would his saying those words mean anything more than what he said. Not sure I follow your logic?

I think that what Mason says is encouraging, not definative...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    What is his injury?

This is so similar to the Kyrie situation it's not funny

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    This is so similar to the Kyrie situation it's not funny
    Not really, though. In the kyrie situation, the program was adamant that he would likely not return. This time around, everyone seems sure he will be back, the question is how soon.
    1200. DDMF.