Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hairston questionable for the State game?!

from Stephen Wiseman (Herald-Sun)

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/s...03435917549568

Josh Hairston not practicing today due to infection in right arm. Suffered cut in Wake game. Arm is in sling. Status for NC State uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    If he cannot play, I hope Amile puts on about 40 pounds of muscle by Thursday.

And Murphy locks down on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If he cannot play, I hope Amile puts on about 40 pounds of muscle by Thursday.

And Murphy locks down on defense.
    Not sure what sort of cut led to the infection, but these types of infections can be very, very serious. David Lee missed most of an NBA season a couple of years ago after he got a nasty infection in his arm when his arm was punctured by Wilson Chandler's tooth during a game - they found a piece of a tooth impaling his arm (presumably a piece that was no longer connected to Wilson Chandler's body) later after the game. Doctors tried to clean it out multiple times but couldn't get rid of it. Hopefully it's nothing like that.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Healing vibes to Josh, but if he's out, I'm sure hoping Alex takes advantage of the extra minutes!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Currently going between DC and Greensboro, NC
    We just seem to be snakebitten this year...hope Hairston gets over this infection soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoo View Post
    We just seem to be snakebitten this year...hope Hairston gets over this infection soon.
    Duke's front line was going to be challenged in this game. Hairston takes charges as good as anyone and played well against State. This will make a tough game even tougher

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoo View Post
    Maybe antivenom medicine? In fact, let's inoculate everyone.

sagegrouse

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    And the hits just keeps coming. Our thin team just got thinner and our post defense weakens evern more. On the bright side for the haters, you want have to watch Josh attempt the 15 foot jumper.

Marshall and Alex will have to step up and play better. It will be imperative too, that Amile stay out of foul trouble and be able to stay on the floor 30+ minutes. It also means Mason will need to go practically the full forty. We cannot play a front line of MP3/Amile, MP3/Murphy, or Amile/Murphy, for more than a couple of minutes against Howell/Leslie.

Hoping Josh heals up soon. Really need him to be able to go against NC State if at all possible. Certainly hope this does not turn into a long term deal like Ryan.

Regarding State's health, Brown was unable to practice yesterday. I wish the young man no ill will, but I would much rather play this game w/o Brown being able to go, than play it with Brown able to play heavy minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    And the hits just keeps coming. Our thin team just got thinner and our post defense weakens evern more. On the bright side for the haters, you want have to watch Josh attempt the 15 foot jumper.

Marshall and Alex will have to step up and play better. It will be imperative too, that Amile stay out of foul trouble and be able to stay on the floor 30+ minutes. It also means Mason will need to go practically the full forty. We cannot play a front line of MP3/Amile, MP3/Murphy, or Amile/Murphy, for more than a couple of minutes against Howell/Leslie.

Hoping Josh heals up soon. Really need him to be able to go against NC State if at all possible. Certainly hope this does not turn into a long term deal like Ryan.

Regarding State's health, Brown was unable to practice yesterday. I wish the young man no ill will, but I would much rather play this game w/o Brown being able to go, than play it with Brown able to play heavy minutes.
    You know they're going to have Brown make some "miraculous" return to amp their team up like Miami did with Reggie Johnson.

Daggumit.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Isn't he questionable for every game?

*ducks*

Get better soon Josh.

Get well soon, Josh. Meantime, others got to step up. Mason can play 36 minutes. If josh can't go, we need to get 44 at least 44 good minutes from Amile, Marshall, and Alex.

Maybe we see a little bit of double Plumlee.

Is this confirmed by a Duke source?

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Not sure what sort of cut led to the infection, but these types of infections can be very, very serious. David Lee missed most of an NBA season a couple of years ago after he got a nasty infection in his arm when his arm was punctured by Wilson Chandler's tooth during a game - they found a piece of a tooth impaling his arm (presumably a piece that was no longer connected to Wilson Chandler's body) later after the game. Doctors tried to clean it out multiple times but couldn't get rid of it. Hopefully it's nothing like that.
    I am curious about the call on that play - is it a technical foul on the defensive player for biting the offensive player or on the offensive player for elbowing the defensive player in the head?

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...z-3-point-shot

"Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said Tuesday night that forward Josh Hairston is doubtful to play against NC State on Thursday in Durham after he suffered an infection as a result of stitches put into his arm from a cut suffered in last week's victory at Wake Forest. Krzyzewski said Hairston will be wearing a sling Wednesday. "I'm not optimistic for this game and we'll see about Sunday against Boston College,'' said Krzyzewski. "That puts us down to eight guys.'"

Paging Mr. Murphy...Alex Murphy.
    Also paging Mr. Plumlee...that's Mr. Marshall Plumlee.

Your presence is requested on the floor Thursday.

Not to be confrontational or anything [/end disclaimer], but generally info from a Duke/ACC beat writer is going to be accurate regarding team news of this nature. No one is going to stake their professional reputation (they have some at the Herald Sun, i know, it's hard to believe) on false injury reports.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Isn't he questionable for every game?

*ducks*

Get better soon Josh.
    Love Joish as a teammate, etc., but can't say I miss him when he's not on the floor. If we're worried about his absence impacting the State outcome, we've got bigger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Not to be confrontational or anything [/end disclaimer], but generally info from a Duke/ACC beat writer is going to be accurate regarding team news of this nature. No one is going to stake their professional reputation (they have some at the Herald Sun, i know, it's hard to believe) on false injury reports.
    Beat writers, sure. But note that basketball pundits like Seth Davis are free to make things up even with injuries and call it a "feeling."

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Not sure what sort of cut led to the infection, but these types of infections can be very, very serious.
    Absolutely. Gym floors and locker rooms are full of nasty bacteria. My own (14 yar old) son missed 4 weeks of his fall baseball league with a simple scrape gotten at school (ended up with MRSA and had to have IV antibiotics). His forearm swelled up like Popeye's.