Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke 84, UNC 63

Ladies first!! DWB takes on Slyvia and company, as coach Hatchell goes for her 900th win. Of course, I would so love for her to have to wait another game to reach that milestone. The women looked great for one half against Miami, and very good for one half against UCONN...but to beat the Heels in Chapel Hell they are going to have to look very good for a full 40.
    Game is televised at 1pm on ESPNU. What a nice appetizer for the Super Bowl.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

What is this "Super Bowl" thing to which you refer?

Carolina has been the beneficiary of some opponents' self-destruction, notably Miami, and got destroyed by Maryland up in College Park, but they're pretty good. I don't, however, think they're as good as Cal. A sold 40-minute effort should be enough to get the job done.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    BTTT since it's a crime for ANY Duke - unc thread to be on page 2 less than 24 hours before tip.

All the stories are about 900. Looking forward to reading those for a few more days.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    We'll have a group of about 300 over there denying any celebrations about 900 anything tomorrow, other than bad outfits. If you think it's whine and cheese in the Smith Center, it's even worse in Carmichael for the women. You will hear us on TV more than the home side.

Duke m- UNC - Women

The game starts now on ESPNU

Duke starting out on fire. Up 17 - 4

North Carolina already showing the class and decorum for which Sylvia's teams have long been known.

Blue Devils up by 20...I'm loving it. Yep CB&B, hopefully Sylvia will have to wait a bit on that 900th win.

They are indeed on fire....

8 minute timeout

Duke 34 unc 7

Looks like Sylvia will have to wait a while for #900. (If this keeps up, they may even subtract a few from 899).

50-19 Duke at half. I think Duke can win the game without scoring a point in the 2nd half. They obviously will score many but how funny would it be to not shoot the ball for the entire 2nd half and still win.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    50-19 at the half. Elizabeth is intimidating the bigger Heels inside. Pressure D all over. Plus of course shooting over 50% doesn't hurt. This with Chelsea on the bench with two fouls, including a terrible double T. The crowd, needless to say, is pretty quit. The Asian unicyclist at half was Carolina's highlight so far.

Up by 20 with under 1 minute to go and Sylvia has her team fouling us!

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Up by 20 with under 1 minute to go and Sylvia has her team fouling us!
    To be fair, Sylvia had her team fouling Duke all game. The refs just didn't start calling it until the last minute.

Final!

Final score 86 -43. Great game for the ladies. They allowed UNC to play better in the 2nd half, but we stayed strong.
    GTHC

IC should be a hoot.

Fun, fun, fun!

Well, that sure was fun! Any time you can demolish NC@ch in their own building, that is to be enjoyed thoroughly. Awesome all-around game for the Duke ladies. Great D, great shooting, really fun game.

There seems to be some pretty clear separation in the ACC. Beat that Big-10 school up near DC and this race will be all but over!

Double your fun

Duke thumps Carolina and Sylvia is denied her 900th win.

Must be time for Trisha to hit the recruiting trail.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    50-19 Duke at half. I think Duke can win the game without scoring a point in the 2nd half. They obviously will score many but how funny would it be to not shoot the ball for the entire 2nd half and still win.
    Actually, it would not have been funny because then UNC would not solely hold the record for least iron in a half.

So happy Chloe is back