Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: #22

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Surprised no one has brought this up, but the Chinese actually count to 10 on one hand.

http://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-...ND-in-Chinese/

Seems like another potential solution.
    Meh. I can count to 31 on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    It's Jason's number to give away... His opinion is the only one that should matter
    Can hardly believe I am commenting on this thread, but this is precisely wrong. Retirement is an honor granted to him, he did not buy it therefore he does not own it. The University retires numbers and Duke University will do what K thinks they should do. IMHO, there is no way K will let one of his players jerseys be un-retired.
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Meh. I can count to 31 on one hand.
    Which means that you can count to 961 on two hands? -- sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Can hardly believe I am commenting on this thread, but this is precisely wrong. Retirement is an honor granted to him, he did not buy it therefore he does not own it. The University retires numbers and Duke University will do what K thinks they should do. IMHO, there is no way K will let one of his players jerseys be un-retired.
    From the article:

In a general conversation, Coach K told Jabari that you can wear Jason Williams's old number.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I don't subscribe, but it looks like that is not actually a quote from K but rather second had heresay, which would be third hand by the time it gets to us. I will stand by my opinion on the matter for the time being.
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Which means that you can count to 961 on two hands? -- sage
    1023, actually.

eta: there 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count in digital, and those that can't.

I don't subscribe, but it looks like that is not actually a quote from K but rather second had heresay, which would be third hand by the time it gets to us. I will stand by my opinion on the matter for the time being.
    If there's a link to the second hand I do not believe it counts as third hand judging by the laws of heresayedness, unlees you're counting the author as the third hand at which point were sliding down the hill without knowing where the cactus are.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    1023, actually.

eta: there 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count in digital, and those that can't.
    Oh, I see. But when I did the calculation, I got 32 for one hand and 1024 for two.
    For one hand:

0 fingers - 1 way
    1 finger - 5 ways
    2 fingers - 10 ways (5 take 2?)
    3 fingers - 10 ways (same)
    4 fingers - 5
    5 fingers - 1
    Total - 32

Of course, I probably did it wrong.

sage

Using trading-floor hand signals one can signal up to 999 with a single hand. Actually 1999, with buying distinguished from selling and zero on its own. Plus the twelve months and a variety of other signals.

That quote is from Jabari Parker's mother Lola.

Jabari's #1

Not sure if this has been covered in another thread (mods feel free to move/delete if it has been), but looks like Jabari will wear #1 next season, so retired jerseys are safe for the time being.

https://twitter.com/dukebasketball/s...773056/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered in another thread (mods feel free to move/delete if it has been), but looks like Jabari will wear #1 next season, so retired jerseys are safe for the time being.

https://twitter.com/dukebasketball/s...773056/photo/1
    I guess that means Hood has a "new" # as well. I seem to recall him wearing #13 at Countdown to Craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I guess that means Hood has a "new" # as well. I seem to recall him wearing #13 at Countdown to Craziness.
    Hood tweeted last month that he will be wearing #5 next year.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I saw an article a couple weeks back that showed the numbers that all the freshman (sans Jabari) would wear next year, meant to post it but never got around to it. Now I can't find it. Go figure. Old age hurts!

If anyone has the link or info please post. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    And Dre will wear #34 next year.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA