Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest Nike-ized Duke uniform

66-57372-F.jpg

This will be worn once this season. Several other schools are participating in this latest one-and-done jersey stuff.

At least it's not the looks-like-Carolina-blue-on-the-shorts uniform of last year. Ugh, I hated those things.

Looks like a practice jersey that should have been used in the pre-season.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Let's all at least agree that it's better to have a uniform that is Duke blue than a uniform that is awful gray.

That said, will each jersey say "Blue Devils" where the player name should be? I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Let's all at least agree that it's better to have a uniform that is Duke blue than a uniform that is awful gray.

That said, will each jersey say "Blue Devils" where the player name should be? I hate that.
    I believe it will - Gonzaga wore theirs on Saturday (GREAT game) and it said Bulldogs on the back of each jersey.

Wow. I rarely complain about jerseys, but holy cow that is UGLY. That's a warmup jersey. That's a practice jersey. That is NOT a jersey for a Duke basketball player to wear in a game representing Duke University.

Just terrible. I want to puke over that. Ugh.

http://www.nikeinc.com/news/twelve-t...#/inline/16819

Looks like we will be wearing them 2/16 at Maryland (not coincidentally an Under Armour school)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Wow. I rarely complain about jerseys, but holy cow that is UGLY. That's a warmup jersey. That's a practice jersey. That is NOT a jersey for a Duke basketball player to wear in a game representing Duke University.

You give a school enough money and you get to dictate what they wear. Next Nike will ask the players to play in three piece suits and Easter hats

Nike is going to sell these, right? Why would anyone want to buy that instead of a replica of a practice jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    You give a school enough money and you get to dictate what they wear. Next Nike will ask the players to play in three piece suits and Easter hats
    How many combinations of uniforms will the Oregon football team have then?

I gotta say, I like them better than the grey uniforms from last year. However, I absolutely LOVED the warm-ups that they wore last year for that game, so much so that I made my husband shell out $150 for the warm-up jacket for my birthday!
    Nike-Hyper-Elite-Platinum-Duke-Warm-Up-Jacket.jpg

I am assuming they will be coming out with a warm-up outfit as well??? I have yet to look at the link.

EDIT: Just saw that they will also include a warm-up hoodie:
    The men’s teams will also wear the Nike Hyper Elite Tourney Warm-Up Hoody, which offers functional tailoring for optimal mobility and performance fleece to help keep you warm and comfortable on your way to and from the game.

The Nike Hyper Elite Road Jersey ($120), Nike Hyper Elite Road Short ($80) and Nike Hyper Elite Warm-Up Hoody ($75) will be available at Nike.com

Ditto all of the above for me.

Quote Originally Posted by langdonfan View Post
    How many combinations of uniforms will the Oregon football team have then?
    This gives me an idea for basketball... googling the ncaa rulebook...

Nope, no rule (yet) requiring the same uniform to be worn for the entire game. It wouldn't be too hard to change jerseys at every teevee timeout. Shorts would be a little harder; maybe you can put up a curtain or something.

I will now pre-emptively sue Phil Knight for the rights to this idea.

We need some real snazzy uniforms like those of Oregon football team. Those are real modern & contemporary design...ultra cool designs...

Does anyone remember the N. C. State red unitards from years (decades) ago? Now that was ugly!

If someone can find a link to those things, it might help take our minds off of these new Duke parasactice* jerseys.

*Spell-Check notified me of this typo, but I thought it was too appropriate to correct.

Well, they are an improvement from last years one and done uni's. That's about all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    66-57372-F.jpg

This will be worn once this season. Several other schools are participating in this latest one-and-done jersey stuff.
    Just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Gonzaga wore theirs vs Butler. Ugly. Can't we switch companies please?
    Last edited by Newton_14; 01-22-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Redacted offensive language
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Unitards

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Does anyone remember the N. C. State red unitards from years (decades) ago? Now that was ugly!

If someone can find a link to those things, it might help take our minds off of these new Duke parasactice* jerseys.
    You mean these?
    rodney+monroe.jpg

We can not trust Nike

Ever since Kyle Singler left Oregon to come to Duke, we have had a rash of foot injuries. Phil Knight has it in for Duke.

Look for an outbreak of contact dermatitis to strike Duke after we wear those hideous abominations.