Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guglhupf made the cut!!!

06Jun23_Guglhupf_IMG_2201.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Guglhupf made the cut!!!

06Jun23_Guglhupf_IMG_2201.jpg
    That place is great--get the schnitzel.

I also recommend Dame's (amazing chicken and waffles), The Fed (good bar with great bar food), The Washington Duke (solid food and drinks, classy atmosphere), Hog Heaven (BBQ), G2B (pizza, burgers, beer), Chamas (Brazilian steakhouse), Tyler's Taproom (beer), and Whiskey (bar near Dame's with 23-year-old minimum...so no undergrads).

I'll tell you where you won't be able to eat soon... Armadillo Grill.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I'll tell you where you won't be able to eat soon... Armadillo Grill.
    First Pauly Dogs leaves...and now they're replacing the Dillo with THE LOOP!? Why doesn't Rick Johnson just line up the students and punch them in the face one by one?

What about that Nanataco in between Qshack and Nana's? Has anybody tried it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    What about that Nanataco in between Qshack and Nana's? Has anybody tried it yet?
    It is very good. Sometimes a bit too ambitious (who needs smoked duck tacos?) but if you stick with the basics it is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Good thing I knew what that was before I just...looked.

I'm heading down to Durham for the first time in 2 years for the game tomorrow. Any recent bar or restaurant additions to the Durham scene that I should check out? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    I'm heading down to Durham for the first time in 2 years for the game tomorrow. Any recent bar or restaurant additions to the Durham scene that I should check out? Thanks!
    This page might help:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...plate=DBRVisit
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I am very, very jealous. Enjoy your meal(s) in Durham!!

I really enjoyed Bull City Burger.

If Fullsteam hasn't been mentioned or added to the Visitors' Bureau list, it should be. Really, really good beers and food trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If Fullsteam hasn't been mentioned or added to the Visitors' Bureau list, it should be. Really, really good beers and food trucks.
    Good call, DD. I've added it.

Note that the Visitor's Bureau has restaurants that are good for pre-game meals, meaning that you won't linger over fine dining (of which there is a lot in Durham), they will be able to handle pre-game crowds in time to get you to the game. And they're local fare, too. There are LOTS of places to eat in Durham, though. I've found Yelp to be fairly accurate in the Triangle, if you'd like to look for something specific.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    In fact, I believe I'll try to meet Mr and Mrs Ricks68 there tomorrow around beer, err, supper/dinner time for a pint, a purchase (or three), some trading and a sampling of whatever food truck might be on the premises.

Thanks everyone. At the game now and then going to get my drink on

Heading down for the game this weekend. Have there been any noteworthy additions to the Durham beer and food scene in recent months? How are Hi-Wire and Durty Bull? Is Burger Bach worth checking out?

Is it time to revisit the DBR Visitors’ Guide?

Heading down for the game this weekend. Have there been any noteworthy additions to the Durham beer and food scene in recent months? How are Hi-Wire and Durty Bull? Is Burger Bach worth checking out?
    Come over to ymm, beer. Lots of Triangle area beer nerds over there

I was in Durham for the Duke vs. UVA game and had a flight at Ponysaurus Brewing - very good stuff.

I'm from Asheville, where HiWire is originally from, so I can only speak on the OG location(s), but their beer is also top notch. I have heard rave reviews from the guys on ymm, beer about their new spot in Durham so I doubt it would disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is it time to revisit the DBR Visitors’ Guide?
    Lemme know what I can do to help.

From Nepos on Ymm, Beer from 11/18/18:

"For Durham, Durty Bull lies between Fullsteam and Bull City Burgers (less than 10 min walk from F to DB then 10 more from DB to BCB). I would not be worried at all about that walk, but if you want to do the most to avoid any feelings of discomfort in an unfamiliar city, then from F head south on Rigsbee, turn left on Broadway at police substation and DB is a block up on left; from DB retrace your steps and turn south again on Rigsbee, turn left when road ends downtown at Chapel Hill St, turn right on Mangum, then left on Parrish and BCB is one block up on left (you can also get their beers at its sister restaurant Pompieri which you will pass on Mangum). I would have no issue further connecting the dots to walk to Ponysaurus, but I know Durham well, have worked in that area, and have worked with the poor so am probably not your average visitor. If that in any way makes you question the walk, then I'd suggest Ubering. If you walked it (about 10 mins), from BCB continue east on Parrish, turn right when it ends at Roxboro, turn left on Main St, turn right a few blocks up on Dillard, then turn left on Ramseur -- Ponysaurus is a couple blocks up on the left. You're not passing through gang territory or anything like that, but you do pass within a block or two of a homeless shelter and one of Durham's rougher public housing complexes. Hi Wire (if its open; I can't speak to that) is/will be only a few blocks from Ponysaurus, so that would be easy to connect as well."