View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-61 win over Albany in the Round of 64?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

17 22.37%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

1 1.32%
  • Seth Curry

50 65.79%
  • Quinn Cook

7 9.21%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 1.32%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Albany (March 22, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-61 win over Albany in the Round of 64?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-61 win over Albany in the Round of 64?
    Seth hit buckets early to give us a lead and late every time Albany tried cut the lead. He was aggressive and opportunistic. Mason was a close second.

Survive. Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Seth hit buckets early to give us a lead and late every time Albany tried cut the lead. He was aggressive and opportunistic. Mason was a close second.

Survive. Advance.
    And Quinn was a playmaking third.

Although Seth and Mason played terrific games, I had to vote for Quinn. He played the point guard position as he did at the beginning of the year. And that was against really tough competition. 11 assists to 1 turnover, did not force any shots and played pretty good defense. When Quinn gets into the lane, he is very dangerous with his pinpoint passing. We will need more of this going forward. GoDuke!

Was going to go with Seth until the opposing coach compared Mason to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. ("He hit three sky hooks. I haven't even seen somebody attempt that shot in my 12 years at Albany, and he hit three of them.")

I gave it to Seth. Thought about Mason for his offensive performance, but I really thought his play on the defensive end was lacking. He was too afraid of foul trouble and refused to challenge shots or go hard for rebounds and loose balls. Seth always made the play we needed, especially that offensive rebound near the end that really put their last legit push to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Although Seth and Mason played terrific games, I had to vote for Quinn. He played the point guard position as he did at the beginning of the year. And that was against really tough competition. 11 assists to 1 turnover, did not force any shots and played pretty good defense. When Quinn gets into the lane, he is very dangerous with his pinpoint passing. We will need more of this going forward. GoDuke!
    No need for me to post when this was what I was going to say.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    No need for me to post when this was what I was going to say.
    Then why did you? (This was meant only in a humorous way)
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Then why did you? (This was meant only in a humorous way)
    I got ya. What I should have said was "I am to lazy to type my thoughts so ill steal what this guy/girl typed"
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking