The Duke Avengers

A few weeks ago, I was discussing who the Duke team is alike to. Being a partial nerd (as many of us are), we brought up the Marvel Avengers. Reading Dana O'Neil's article, everyone on the team has a role, just like the Avengers! Furthermore, while each of the Avengers by themselves are unique and amazing characters, their true potential is only realized when they are on a team. When everyone is buying into the team concept, the team functions at its best.

Anywho, below is what I believe each player is like:

Captain America - Quinn Cook: Captain America (Captain Cook?) is the spirit of the team. He has a ton of energy and is the emotional heart of the team. Furthermore, everyone looks to Captain America to lead and call the shots.

Iron Man - Ryan Kelly: Iron Man has an incredible arsenal of weapons to defeat any opponent. Plus, he often pulls out a move where your response is "how the hell did he do that?" On the plus side, he is dating a beautiful lady.

Thor - Rasheed Sulaimon: Has the physical tools to defeat opponents in a variety of ways, including one-on-one. Has an uncanny ability to get up, giving the perception that he's flying. Has a brother (in our case, shared first name) who no one likes and always causes trouble.

Hawk Eye - Seth Curry: Absolutely lethal from long range, which is his preferred method. From short range, has the tactical ability to get by his opponent.

The Hulk - Mason Plumlee: Smash.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

HULK !!!.......smash!!!! lol...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Where's Tiny Thor?

I don't know squat about the Avengers, but it Duke players are in costume and smashing the opponents, isn't there a role for Tyler Thornton?

sage

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Thor - Rasheed Sulaimon: Has the physical tools to defeat opponents in a variety of ways, including one-on-one. Has an uncanny ability to get up, giving the perception that he's flying. Has a brother (in our case, shared first name) who no one likes and always causes trouble.

The Hulk - Mason Plumlee: Smash.
    So does that mean Mason will do this to Rasheed Wallace in the League?

Last edited by Native; 12-22-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Formatting

Comix...

OK. I've been collecting comics for 35yrs and thought I had participated in every asinine comic related debate/conversation at least once. Then this came along and I see I was wrong...

By proxy that MUST mean K is Nick Fury
    ... and Collins is Agent Colson (hairline)
    ... But I'm not telling Wojo all he has left to choose from is Agent Hill (Cobie DOES Smolder) and the Widow...

I don't know about all of this, but if Ol' Roy ain't Jughead then grits ain't groceries.