Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Honestly, I haven't looked at it yet

However, I did get a personal response from Dr. Lefkowitz, and I am a happy camper!

I have invited him as my guest to our TB'CC tailgate in September (assuming we have tailgates this fall...!)
    In our seminar series hear in Steamboat Springs, we were forced to go "virtual" last summer, and, for the speakers with books to sell, we had them sign book plates and send them to us, and we affixed them to the books. Otherwise, the authors would have been pleased to sign in person.

Until this came up, I had never heard of a "book plate." So, your expectations were entirely reasonable.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Honestly, I haven't looked at it yet

However, I did get a personal response from Dr. Lefkowitz, and I am a happy camper!

I have invited him as my guest to our TB'CC tailgate in September (assuming we have tailgates this fall...!)
    To me, the best part of this story is that folks can voice their concerns in a civil way and a civil resolution will occur. If only the whole world worked like DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    To me, the best part of this story is that folks can voice their concerns in a civil way and a civil resolution will occur. If only the whole world worked like DBR.
    If Lefkowitz could teach the world to do that then he could add the Nobel Peace Prize to his Nobel Prize in Chemistry.

I did get a personal response from Dr. Lefkowitz, and I am a happy camper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lefkowitz
    Dear Larry So sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the bookplate. Your is the first such complaint we have heard. The offer on DBR was entirely explicit and clear: “Anyone from the Duke community who wants a signed copy of their book can place a pre-order and then email proof-of-purchase plus shipping address information to Icee Li (yl703@duke.edu). You will receive a bookplate signed by Dr. Lefkowitz, which can be inserted into your book to create a signed copy. This special promotion for members of the Duke community is available only for pre-orders.”This is really the best we can do during the pandemic. During a normal year I would be holding in-person signing events on the Duke campus but this is unfortunately not possible right now. When the pandemic is over (say, sometime later this year or next year) feel free to stop by my lab on the Duke campus and I’d be pleased to sign the book for you in person.BestBOBRobert J. Lefkowitz, MD
    That is a very Bob Lefkowitz response. He first points out that you are wrong, proves it, and then tells you how to work it out while offering to help. The perfect scientist answer.

Let us know if he comes to your tailgate, and thanks for posting. I enjoyed every step of that progression.