Which state is missing?

I read that the Duke Freshmen class of 2016 hails from 49 states and 50 countries.

Just curious, does anyone know the state not represented?

I did that California and North Carolina have the most Frosh.

Thanks
    SoCal

Chapel Hill -- the State of Denial.

Montana.

According to this article: http://today.duke.edu/2012/08/guttentagconvocation

Missoula' finest

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Montana.

According to this article: http://today.duke.edu/2012/08/guttentagconvocation
    Somewhere Mike Lewis is crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Not to mention Denne Searles, who identified him to Bubas.

sage

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    So is Glen Smiley. Mike probably in Greensboro and, the last I saw him, Smiles was in Dallas.

I interviewed for a job in Bozeman a couple months back. Among all the disappointing things about not getting it, my kids would have been set.

I used to teach test prep. I told kids all the time the easiest way to get into a good school (usually they cared about some place like Yale or Princeton, but it also works with Duke) is to move to ND/SD/MT/WY/ID. Arkansas isn't a bad choice, either. AK and HI are too competitive.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I still remember the name of the one person from Montana who was at Duke with me (I actually knew her) but knowing she was "from Montana" preceeded my meeting her.

One state that I know is represented? Massachusetts! Congrats, again, to SonOfBostonDevil!! Yeah, yeah, I know, enough with the proud mama stuff.

Still, some of you might enjoy this story. (I know, some of you have already heard it.) First phone call post installing SonOfBostonDevil in his dorm room, I asked what was the highlight of freshman orientation. He said, "Playing the piano in the commons room." Really? Yes, really. He's in Blackwell and the freshman basketball players had made it over there from Pegram. They were hanging in the Blackwell commons room playing ping pong and such when Amile Jefferson started fooling around playing "Chopsticks" on the piano (yes, there is a piano in the Blackwell commons room, awesome). SonOfBostonDevil informed Amile that he could really play. He was challenged to prove it. He sat down and rocked out "Maple Leaf Rag". Amile responded with a high five and an "Awesome, dude". But no, SonOfBostonDevil still has not thanked me for making him take lessons. Yet.

Smile Glen Smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    So is Glen Smiley. Mike probably in Greensboro and, the last I saw him, Smiles was in Dallas.
    Glen Smiley.

Boy, there is a blast from the past. Member of my class ('70) who really never got to play because he was always hurt.