Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Back from a long weekend that of course included the game and the tailgate, so just a quick note before finally getting some real sleep. What a great game! I'm sure everything I've thought has already been said in here, but damn, that was a beautiful way to start the season. (And a tasty start too, great seeing all that we did under our tent.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I only had two small complaints about the offense. First, Josh Snead did not play nearly enough, and did not get nearly enough carries. We have to give that kid the ball early and often. I have no idea why he sat so much last night, given what he did with his chances. Second, is again with running plays. We do not give the running backs any room to build up momentum and we almost never run outside the tackles. Snead on a toss sweep from the I-Formation would be a great play. Most of our runs are right up the gut, from the shotgun, and with RB standing right beside Sean. Only when it is a draw play do the RB's get space to go full steam ahead. Seems that way anyway.
    Bring on Stanford and Go Duke!!!
    I agree 100% - we need more Snead! And yes, a quick pitch to him rather than running a power sweep would take better advantage of his speed. He did run a power sweep for no gain last night, and I thought of the quick pitch as a better play.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    As a Duke Basketball fan who now follows the Football team's progress because of my time at this site, I am going to be awfully disappointed if the basketball team loses five December games. (;
    Perhaps he meant over the next decade.