Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowetarock View Post
    No,these are not new courses replacements at Chapel Hill. I was struck by not only the wide range of Duke recruiting for these classes but also except for one second tier prospect in 2014 not one of the 21 listed is from a state that is home to an ACC member present or future.
    True, but not all that unique either. Just look at the new kids on this year's team: Jabari, Semi, Matt, and even Rodney Hood -- from Chicago, Kansas, Texas, and Mississippi. If I'm not mistaken, I think Quinn, Josh, Tyler, and Andre are the only kids on this year's team from states that are home to ACC members.

The famous criminal Willie Sutton was once asked why he robbed banks. "That's where the money is" was his reply. When you want to recruit at the highest level, you go where the players are, I guess.

Luke Kennard

It appears Duke and Michigan State offered Luke Kennard today(Tweet by Evan Daniels). I love his game think he really fits Duke. What are your guys thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by thedukie View Post
    It appears Duke and Michigan State offered Luke Kennard today(Tweet by Evan Daniels). I love his game think he really fits Duke. What are your guys thoughts?
    Yeah I was going to add him to the list after the Peach Jam this weekend. The lefty from Ohio totally blew up and apparently has offers all of a sudden from Duke, MSU, and Kentucky, but all the big boys are very hot on his trail, including Louisville. Indiana, Florida, UNC, Ohio State, and Michigan. Hard to have a more impressive list of suitors than that.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Yeah I was going to add him to the list after the Peach Jam this weekend. The lefty from Ohio totally blew up and apparently has offers all of a sudden from Duke, MSU, and Kentucky, but all the big boys are very hot on his trail, including Louisville. Indiana, Florida, UNC, Ohio State, and Michigan. Hard to have a more impressive list of suitors than that.
    Luke Kennard highlights

Like his shooting range and his use of the floater near the basket.

He's also a very good high school football quarterback.

He seems to be quite amphibious, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    So you're saying he will go to NC State?

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    So he just floats in games?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    So you're saying he will go to NC State?
    Hopefully he'll go to college but, if not, he can go to State.

As I did in the 2014 thread, here is what I know as to an updated list of Duke targets in the 2015 Class. Of course, this list will change -- these kids are just rising juniors. Duke has shown more interest in some of these kids than others, and it's still real early in the process for just about all of them, so interest could wax or wane from either side going forward. And of course new names will be added as things move along. But for now, here goes:

Ben Simmons 6'9" 230, Australia. Duke's first offer in this class went to Simmons.
    Stephen Zimmerman, 6'11" 215, Las Vegas. Fast, fast riser on all the lists. Mad skills for a guy his size.
    Malik Newman 6'3" 175, Jackson, MS. #1 recruit in the class in the opinion of some.
    Elijah Thomas 6'9" 230, Rockwall, TX. Major talent w big body.
    Tyler Dorsey 6'4" 180, Bellflower, CA
    Skal Labissiere 6'10" 200, Memphis
    Ivan Rabb 6'9" 205, Oakland, CA
    Diamond Stone 6'10" 250, Milwaukee.
    Malachi Richardson 6'6" 190, New Jersey
    Carlton Bragg 6'9" 220, Cleveland
    Two more names to add to the list are a bit unusual in that they are high school teammates, at St. Rita in Chicago:

Charles Matthews 6'5" SG
    Myles Carter 6'7" PF.

Matthews is the higher rated prospect, and not surprisingly Duke is showing more interest in him than in Carter, but they've reached out to Carter as well.

Spent some time in Las Vegas this past weekend and consulted with a UNLV super fan season ticket holder. While, of course, being a homer, he stated that Duke was the better team in '91 and that he has tremendous respect for Coach K. His father was doing a lot of announcing for the NBA preseason tournament there for rookies and others needing more playing time before the season. After talking with him for quite a while, I got the impression that he was very objective and had extensive bball knowledge. He told me that Stephen Zimmerman is more than the real deal. He has been following Zimmerman throughout his brief career, and says that he may be the best player ever to come out of the area. Just plain incredible skills for a kid his size. That's it.

ricks

Duke offered Tyler Dorsey today. Very talented combo guard out of Southern California who just killed it at the Fab48 in Vegas last weekend, further solidifying his position as an elite backcourt prospect in this class.

I am very happy that this offer has gone out. He would be a terrific fit for Duke.

What I can't figure out is why we haven't offered Zimmerman. Should be a no-brainer.

This is class of 2015 but couldn't find e thread.

My boss is related to this kid: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=6181501

Apparently, Duke spoke to Chase Jeter today for 20 minutes - as well as UNC and Kansas. He has only played varsity one year but has recently been shooting up the recruiting rankings. Versatile stretch 4 is what my boss has portrayed the kid as. My boss also coaches high school ball so he knows is stuff. Great student as well apparently.

As I did in the 2014 thread, here is what I know as to an updated list of Duke targets in the 2015 Class. Of course, this list will change -- these kids are just rising juniors. Duke has shown more interest in some of these kids than others, and it's still real early in the process for just about all of them, so interest could wax or wane from either side going forward. And of course new names will be added as things move along. But for now, here goes:

Ben Simmons 6'9" 230, Australia. Duke's first offer in this class went to Simmons.
    Stephen Zimmerman, 6'11" 215, Las Vegas. Fast, fast riser on all the lists. Mad skills for a guy his size.
    Malik Newman 6'3" 175, Jackson, MS. #1 recruit in the class in the opinion of some.
    Elijah Thomas 6'9" 230, Rockwall, TX. Major talent w big body.
    Tyler Dorsey 6'4" 180, Bellflower, CA
    Skal Labissiere 6'10" 200, Memphis
    Ivan Rabb 6'9" 205, Oakland, CA
    Diamond Stone 6'10" 250, Milwaukee.
    Malachi Richardson 6'6" 190, New Jersey
    Carlton Bragg 6'9" 220, Cleveland
    We are out of it for Richardson. I don't think our hearts were in it for him anyway. The bigger story is still no offer for Zimmerman, who is in everybody's Top 5 and continues to impress every time he plays.

We are out of it for Richardson. I don't think our hearts were in it for him anyway. The bigger story is still no offer for Zimmerman, who is in everybody's Top 5 and continues to impress every time he plays.
    I agree. Maybe there is something that we are not considering here------or that the coaching staff knows thaty we aren't privvy to. But then, isn;'t that the way it always is?

ricks

Mitchell to Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by Surfsideron View Post
    I saw Mickey Mitchell at the Beach Ball Tournament last year in Myrtle Beach.

There was a plethora of talent here, including Julius Randell and Shabazz.

No one...absolutely no one was more impressive than Mickey Mitchell...and he was just a freshman!

The kid can shoot, handle, rebound, and is a terrific passer! I was blown away by the kid. It looked to me he could step on a college court and be an immediate star!
    Just a complete player and polished!

My first thoughts were: Duke has to get this kid!

K was there and saw him. So was Roy.

I don't know anything about the Towns kid but I would find it hard to believe he is better than Mickey Mitchell.
    Committed to Ohio State today.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Simmons and Matthews update...

Two tidbits about 2015 guys.

Here were some in interesting lines from Ben Simmons, the talented 6'10" Aussie. He can really impact the game with his rebounding and rounded offensive game. It's also noteworthy that he already might have a few pounds on Amile.

"Over the summer I kept in touch with coaches from LSU, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Florida, Ohio State and a few other schools through email for the most part."

"I'm up to about 6-foot-10, 230 pounds now."

"My biggest thing now though is to do well academically and, like I said earlier, help my team win another national title."

http://socialhub.usatodayhss.com/soc...n-simmons-blog

Charles Matthews is a highly rated SG prospect out of Chicago who lists us in his updated top 10.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/charl...s-trims-to-10/

Seeing a new name for Duke targets in 2015 -- Matt Ryan, a 6'7" shooter from Iona Prep in New Rochelle, NY.

TDD has a premium article on him.

Coach K will be visiting Chase Jeter tomorrow from sources close to Chase's family. They believe Coach K will make an offer to him based on a conversation with Wojo earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    Coach K will be visiting Chase Jeter tomorrow from sources close to Chase's family. They believe Coach K will make an offer to him based on a conversation with Wojo earlier this week.
    Vegas, baby!

Private plane.

Coach K having a weekend!

Chase sounds like someone the crazies could cheer for. Literally. "CHASE!" Great name.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    It's not that I don't believe you. I do. It's just that I can't understand why Coach K would be getting on a plane, going across the country to Las Vegas to visit a 2015 frontcourt prospect and offer him a scholarship to Duke, and that prospect's name is not Stephen Zimmerman.