The Duke Influence on USA Basketball

Check out this piece from GoDuke.com:

"[Coach K] just knows the game," says Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder. "He's a great motivator. He holds everybody to a certain standard. Everything's about family and team ... I'm excited I get the chance to play under him, and I've been learning a lot these past few years."

While Krzyzewski manned the sidelines, along with assistants Mike D'Antoni, Nate McMillan and Jim Boeheim, Duke's Chris Collins and Steve Wojciechowski served as court coaches and advance scouts for the USA Basketball program. Collins and Wojciechowski were ever present in practice, taking the national team through offensive sets, defensive principles and a series of shooting drills and skill work. The duo will remain with Team USA throughout the Olympics, scouting opponents and helping the staff game plan.

"I love Wojo, I love Coach Collins," says the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Paul. "They're just great guys. They've been outstanding since day one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Good stuff. Can someone send the article to Parker and Randle? Awesome, Thanks
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I have a feeling there's no reason to gesticulate about that.

There definitely is an argument to be made that spending some of your summer vacation with Coach K can have long term benefits

[Jerry]Colangelo also points to the way players have used their summers with Team USA to propel them into better NBA seasons. Colangelo proudly reports that the 2010-11 MVP (Derrick Rose), Sixth Man of the Year (Lamar Odom) and Most Improved Player (Kevin Love) all came off the 2010 U.S. world championship team.

"Somebody has to put some value on what USA Basketball has done for the NBA," Colangelo said. "I think the players are better people for participating, they end up being better players for the experience, they've brought more value to their franchises and it's been great for the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...s-olympic-play