1. LOST stuff from ComicCon (spoiler-ish)

Stuff I'm hearing about LOST that came out of Lindelof and Cuse's panel at the ubergeekfest, ComicCon (most of it second-hand from various sources):

* The final scene in season 3 does *not* mean that the main story line will take place in the island. Rather, going forward, we will see both flashbacks and flashforwards, but continue with the storyline on the island as we left it. Flash forwards should be accepted as what will actually happen in the future, and do not represent some sort of "alternate" or "possible" futures. Also, the scene with Jack and Kate at LAX will not be, chronologically speaking, the final scene in the series. There's a whole "chapter" of the story that takes place after they get off the island.

* As I think might have been previously mentioned here, Michael will be returning next season. The actor who portrays Michael, Harold Perrineau, Jr., attended and participated in the panel.

* Jack and Claire will find out that they are half-siblings somehow in season 4.

* Will find out more about Libby's story, and a connection between Libby and DHARMA, during season 4.

* Clips from yet another "orientation film" were shown at ComicCon. This time, it was for an as-yet undiscovered station called the "orchid station," and the lab-coat wearing Asian man introduces himself as Edward Hallowax this time. I haven't seen it yet, though it's probably up on YouTube. A white rabbit with the number 15 stenciled on it appears, and there is some discussion of the island's "casimir effect" properties (which have something to do with wormholes). Some people are saying it's a parody and not something we can actually expect to see in the show.

* We'll soon find out how it was that Ben ended up in Danielle's net in season 2. In fact, Danielle will have a flashback episode in season 4.

The producers are going back into radio silence after this, so probably no new information for a while.

JasonEvans posted the youtube video on these boards last week, i'm sure someone will give a link shortly. Thanks for sharing!

Old news

Kidding...

Here is the thread with the rabbit video.

-Jason "me love me some Lost!" Evans

A couple things I've noticed...

1. In the Pearl Video "Edward Hallowax" uses a different name
    2. The word hoax can be found in Edward Hallowax, although admittedly, that's my spelling.

Something to ponder

I can't imagine that they would be yanking the chain at comic-con. This is the biggest Fan Boy congregation. Upsetting the fanboys with a hoax dropped at their main event would be tragically poor decision making by the LOST staff.

With that in mind, I am going to take this movie as actual, and start wondering about wormholes and time-traveling white rabbits.

Exiled

there's a new lost podcast with the comicon stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I can't imagine that they would be yanking the chain at comic-con.
    During the presentation... Damon and Carlton state to the assembled group (rough quote) "Carlton: You (the group) may be learning more about the Dharma Initiative sooner than you think. Damon: You mean like February of next year? Carlton: Umm... like 5:58 (the end of their presentation)."

It's clearly sanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    During the presentation... Damon and Carlton state to the assembled group (rough quote) "Carlton: You (the group) may be learning more about the Dharma Initiative sooner than you think. Damon: You mean like February of next year? Carlton: Umm... like 5:58 (the end of their presentation)."

It's clearly sanctioned.
    cool, thanks for the info

The video is also on ABC.com..

Sorry if I'm the only one still interested in this... but I'm re-watching everything with my GF to get her up to speed on the show...

A rabbit #8 showed up when they were trying to control Sawyer... Ben told him that they put a pacemaker in him and Ben shook a cage with rabbit #8 in it until the rabbit slumped over. They told sawyer the rabbit had a similar pacemaker to one they put in him..

later, when they showed Sawyer that they were on a different island, Ben pulled out a rabbit #8 and said that they just gave it a sedative earlier. Sawyer asked "how do I know that you didn't just spray paint a #8 on a different rabbit." Ben replied that "you don't."

I don't really have anything more to say about it... I had just forgotten it. but the new clip gives a bit of info as to why rabbits were being painted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Sorry if I'm the only one still interested in this... but I'm re-watching everything with my GF to get her up to speed on the show...

A rabbit #8 showed up when they were trying to control Sawyer... Ben told him that they put a pacemaker in him and Ben shook a cage with rabbit #8 in it until the rabbit slumped over. They told sawyer the rabbit had a similar pacemaker to one they put in him..

later, when they showed Sawyer that they were on a different island, Ben pulled out a rabbit #8 and said that they just gave it a sedative earlier. Sawyer asked "how do I know that you didn't just spray paint a #8 on a different rabbit." Ben replied that "you don't."

I don't really have anything more to say about it... I had just forgotten it. but the new clip gives a bit of info as to why rabbits were being painted.
    Nice, I had forgot about that as well!

ok, I continue to think about this...

Assuming the rabbit in the comicon trailer was transported through time, that rabbit was also transported geographically. Meaning, if they were doing an experiment to send the rabbit through time, it is likely that the rabbit wasn't on a high shelf prior to sending, but then came out the other end of the high shelf. (Not in the same geographic location at both ends of the time wormhole).

Similarly, when Desmond turned the key in the Swan, he traveled back to a life with Penny for a short time, got a lecture that he wasn't supposed to get engaged to her, woke up in a different geographic location on the island from where he was last, and then began to have the premonitions.

So, is the EMP source in the swan also the time travel source? (The key was clearly linked to the EMP source behind the concrete, but accessing that source also seemed to trigger the time travel).

The Swan manages the source while the Orchid studies it? Or are they one in the same... It was the Orchid, and then there was an accident, and they walled off one part with concrete, and renamed it the Swan... Hallowax is wearing a Swan coat in the comicon footage.

This would also explain why the Swan film was cut up... they may have used some footage from the Orchid.
    Last edited by Pacer; 09-12-2007 at 09:44 AM.