Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Way Premature 2012-13 top 25

Based on known entries - who do you see in top 10 or 25 nxt year. I dont know all years of players

NC State - top 15 w Leslie.. lower 25 without him.
    UK - based on reload between 10 and 25.
    Duke - More experience than most though not super-athletic. Top 10 or 15
    Ohio State - assuming no Sullinger Top 25 but big losses if Craft, Sullinger, and Buford are gone. Deshaun Thomas? yr?
    MSU - no Draymond Green but still Top 25
    Syracuse - top 25? they are losing a lot I think.
    UNC - top 25 w McAdoo and new guys
    Arizona? dont know - good recruiting
    Memphis?
    Louisville top 25 - they could be good, who is coming back?

I cant see any super dominant teams yet.. help me , who am I missing?

If UK get Noel, Shabazz, and that other top 10 recruit they'd easily be 1. Really if they get two of them theyd be number one. UCLA could be great depending on Shabazz and others too.

I don't see NCSU in the top 10, with or without Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Really? That team with Leslie would b e absolutely stacked. They add so much depth and upgrades a lot of positions. With Tyler Lewis, you can put Brown at the 2 if you want to when Lewis comes off the bench. Rodney Purvis easily replaces CJ Williams. If Leslie stays, I think State's probably a top 5 team. Maybe that's a big of a hyperbole, but with Leslie, I think they're at least the clear cut favorite in the ACC. Provided Plumlee leaves and Bazz goes elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Really? That team with Leslie would b e absolutely stacked. They add so much depth and upgrades a lot of positions. With Tyler Lewis, you can put Brown at the 2 if you want to when Lewis comes off the bench. Rodney Purvis easily replaces CJ Williams. If Leslie stays, I think State's probably a top 5 team. Maybe that's a big of a hyperbole, but with Leslie, I think they're at least the clear cut favorite in the ACC. Provided Plumlee leaves and Bazz goes elsewhere.
    Top team in the ACC does not guarantee top 10 in the country.

They have a good recruiting class coming in, but you never know how well they'll fit in, and you never know how good they'll be...

They never really beat anyone of note this year outside of Georgetown and had double digit losses. Top 25, for sure. But top 10... I'll believe it when I see it.

I would put them easily as a preseason top 10 with Leslie. Many analysts considered them the hottest team in the tournament and lost to the runner's up. They would return Leslie, Howell, Brown, and Wood and add Purvis, Warren, and Tyler Lewis. Eve without Leslie, they are probably a top 15-20 team especially if Purvis is the real deal.

Baylor could be a top 5-10 team depending upon departures. I'd assume PJIII leaves but if Quincy Miller stays with Gathers and Austin coming in along with LJ Rose (who used to be a top guard if I remember correctly) could be a potent team.

Florida will lose Erving Walker and probably Beal but if Boynton returns with Murphy, Rosario, and Young will probably be a top 25 team.

Indiana brings in some decent recruits on paper and if Zeller stays, I'd expect them to be up there.

Syracuse will probably be a top 10 team with replacing Melo with Coleman and Rakeem Christmas. MKW will try to replace Kris Joseph and if Dion Waiters stays (not sure if he is even thinking about the NBA), they will have a solid roster.

Louisville should return most of their roster.

KY already has a good recruiting class and they will undoubtedly get a few more top 50 prospects.

Texas is an interesting team if Myck Kabongo develops with Ridley being an impact freshman, Jaylen Bond developing and perhaps one more recruit they could be in the mix.

And wherever some of the other top 20 prospects go like Noels, Bennett, and Muhammad go will probably take teams from either outside the top 10 into the top 10 or from top 10 to top 2-3 (in the case of KY and perhaps Duke).

That said, I don't know much about what mid-majors will return but next year could be another year with 1-2 top 10 mid-major teams if you get a team like SDSU or BYU of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I would put them easily as a preseason top 10 with Leslie. Many analysts considered them the hottest team in the tournament and lost to the runner's up. They would return Leslie, Howell, Brown, and Wood and add Purvis, Warren, and Tyler Lewis. Eve without Leslie, they are probably a top 15-20 team especially if Purvis is the real deal.

Baylor could be a top 5-10 team depending upon departures. I'd assume PJIII leaves but if Quincy Miller stays with Gathers and Austin coming in along with LJ Rose (who used to be a top guard if I remember correctly) could be a potent team.

Florida will lose Erving Walker and probably Beal but if Boynton returns with Murphy, Rosario, and Young will probably be a top 25 team.

Indiana brings in some decent recruits on paper and if Zeller stays, I'd expect them to be up there.

Syracuse will probably be a top 10 team with replacing Melo with Coleman and Rakeem Christmas. MKW will try to replace Kris Joseph and if Dion Waiters stays (not sure if he is even thinking about the NBA), they will have a solid roster.

KY already has a good recruiting class and they will undoubtedly get a few more top 50 prospects.

Texas is an interesting team if Myck Kabongo develops with Ridley being an impact freshman, Jaylen Bond developing and perhaps one more recruit they could be in the mix.

And wherever some of the other top 20 prospects go like Noels, Bennett, and Muhammad go will probably take teams from either outside the top 10 into the top 10 or from top 10 to top 2-3 (in the case of KY and perhaps Duke).

That said, I don't know much about what mid-majors will return but next year could be another year with 1-2 top 10 mid-major teams if you get a team like SDSU or BYU of last year.
    I think it's possible NCSU is pre-season top 10, but I think it's a paper tiger because they got hot late in the year.

I say they finish top 15-20.

Dion Waiters declared about 5 seconds after they lost to OSU. He's gone.

I think it's possible NCSU is pre-season top 10, but I think it's a paper tiger because they got hot late in the year.

I say they finish top 15-20.
    Well just predicting preseason rankings at this point are extremely premature so final rankings will obviously be completely different. Heck, Pittsburgh was a top 10 team a few weeks into the year this year. So I'm not basing my decision on where they will finish but on what they will look like on paper. I agree that they will have to prove a lot and we've seen plenty of teams try to take over Duke/UNC at the top of the ACC and fail miserably. But on paper, they appear to be the most talented team in the ACC and the winner of the ACC will be a top 10 team.

Well just predicting preseason rankings at this point are extremely premature so final rankings will obviously be completely different. Heck, Pittsburgh was a top 10 team a few weeks into the year this year. So I'm not basing my decision on where they will finish but on what they will look like on paper. I agree that they will have to prove a lot and we've seen plenty of teams try to take over Duke/UNC at the top of the ACC and fail miserably. But on paper, they appear to be the most talented team in the ACC and the winner of the ACC will be a top 10 team.
    If NCSU is the top team in the ACC, the media will DEFINITELY say it's a down year for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    If UK get Noel, Shabazz, and that other top 10 recruit they'd easily be 1. Really if they get two of them theyd be number one. UCLA could be great depending on Shabazz and others too.
    But who would they be playing with? Davis, MKG, Jones, Lamb are probably gone. Miles is graduating and maybe Teague leaves as well. Next year's UK team will not have the mix of vets and freshmen like this year. They will be like the 2010 UK squad plenty of young talent but that will only get them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    But who would they be playing with? Davis, MKG, Jones, Lamb are probably gone. Miles is graduating and maybe Teague leaves as well. Next year's UK team will not have the mix of vets and freshmen like this year. They will be like the 2010 UK squad plenty of young talent but that will only get them so far.
    They'll have Wijlter... who honestly, I think would have thrived at Duke.

If NCSU is the top team in the ACC, the media will DEFINITELY say it's a down year for the league.
    Well if they win the league with something resembling a 10-6 record, I would agree, but if they go 13-3 or 14-2, against an improving ACC, I doubt they say it will be a down league. If anything, the ACC should be up next year across the board they will just be missing the top teams they've enjoyed the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Based on known entries - who do you see in top 10 or 25 nxt year. I dont know all years of players

NC State - top 15 w Leslie.. lower 25 without him.
    UK - based on reload between 10 and 25.
    Duke - More experience than most though not super-athletic. Top 10 or 15
    Ohio State - assuming no Sullinger Top 25 but big losses if Craft, Sullinger, and Buford are gone. Deshaun Thomas? yr?
    MSU - no Draymond Green but still Top 25
    Syracuse - top 25? they are losing a lot I think.
    UNC - top 25 w McAdoo and new guys
    Arizona? dont know - good recruiting
    Memphis?
    Louisville top 25 - they could be good, who is coming back?

I cant see any super dominant teams yet.. help me , who am I missing?

Syracuse will probably be a top 10 team with replacing Melo with Coleman and Rakeem Christmas. MKW will try to replace Kris Joseph. Dion Waiters leavin'

Well if they win the league with something resembling a 10-6 record, I would agree, but if they go 13-3 or 14-2, against an improving ACC, I doubt they say it will be a down league. If anything, the ACC should be up next year across the board they will just be missing the top teams they've enjoyed the past few years.
    Yea, but we're talking about a media full of UNC J-school grads...

They'll have Wijlter... who honestly, I think would have thrived at Duke.
    Yes, Wiljlter has provided them with crucial minutes this year and looked fairly good doing it. Goodwin will probably slot in nicely at the 2 with Poythress playing at the 3. And they will probably add another 1-2 top 20 recruits especially after tonight. They won't be this dominant but they will still be top 10 and probably top 5 with that talent (assuming they get a few of Bazz, Noels, Parker, Bennett).

Yes, Wiljlter has provided them with crucial minutes this year and looked fairly good doing it. Goodwin will probably slot in nicely at the 2 with Poythress playing at the 3. And they will probably add another 1-2 top 20 recruits especially after tonight. They won't be this dominant but they will still be top 10 and probably top 5 with that talent (assuming they get a few of Bazz, Noels, Parker, Bennett).
    They will miss Jones. They won't have any burly guys to do the dirty work, and Jones could score from the perimeter, too.

They'll miss Davis, too, but Noel will replace some of the shot blocking. Jones is the most irreplaceable of their undergrads, IMO.

They will miss Jones. They won't have any burly guys to do the dirty work, and Jones could score from the perimeter, too.

They'll miss Davis, too, but Noel will replace some of the shot blocking. Jones is the most irreplaceable of their undergrads, IMO.
    Well both Jones and MKG do the dirty work but Bazz has shown in the McD AA game he is willing to do the dirty work and he is more skilled than MKG and Jones. Of course it will be tough to replace both but they will struggle more with replacing Teague who was a very good PG assuming he leaves (and Bazz goes to UK).

IU will be a top 5 team. They lose little and bring in a great class.

MSU will probably be a top 10 team, even losing Draymond Green.

I think NC State should be the preseason pick frbthe ACC and a top 10ish team.

UK, if the close in recruiting will be up there again.

I don't think we're a top 25 team, FWIW, unless we get some surprises in recruiting. We'll probably be ranked because of our name, but I don't think we're actually a top 25 team. Too many questions. Too many limitations.

Top team in the ACC does not guarantee top 10 in the country.
    Serious question-- has a team in the recent past finished at the top of the ACC and *not* been top 10 in the country anytime in the recent past?

<intentionally ambiguous about how you define "top team in the ACC">