Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sulaimon will start or be a 6th man that gets loads of minutes. And yes, he's a very impressive young person. There's a one-hour Elite 24 documentary that's been getting play on the ESPN networks in which Sulaimon was shown to be humble, hard-working, talented, respected, and smart. He was basically an assistant coach on his high school team, put in charge of teaching his teammtes sets and helping the coaching staff gameplan. Amile Jefferson was also in the documentary and very impressive himself. So was Nate Britt (UNC).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Sulaimon will start or be a 6th man that gets loads of minutes. And yes, he's a very impressive young person. There's a one-hour Elite 24 documentary that's been getting play on the ESPN networks in which Sulaimon was shown to be humble, hard-working, talented, respected, and smart. He was basically an assistant coach on his high school team, put in charge of teaching his teammtes sets and helping the coaching staff gameplan. Amile Jefferson was also in the documentary and very impressive himself. So was Nate Britt (UNC).
    Yeah, I'd expect him to play a significant role next year. If not starting, I expect at least substantial minutes from him. He seems further along than Nolan Smith was as a freshman, and Smith averaged 15 mpg on a team that had Paulus, Scheyer, Nelson, and Henderson ahead of him. Sophomore-year Smith seems like a reasonable guesstimate to me.

Impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Last June, Sulaimon measured 6' 4.5" with shoes at the Deron Williams Skills Academy. (He could have grown since then, though.) Nolan measured 6' 3.5" with shoes (6' 1.5" w/o) at the pre NBA draft workout. I can't find Muhammad's official measurements anywhere.bout 6'3"

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/MaxWir...es-rosters.htm
    I can believe Rasheed is about 6'3" in stocking feet. He also looked long, quick and smooth. I seriously underestimated this kids ability and see him as getting substantial PT next season. He paired up well with Muhammed as others have noted. Raheed looks like an excellent candidate for shooting guard. Perhaps he will share the positon with Seth next year while Tyler and Quinn with share the PG duties.

If Muhammed comes to Duke, I see him as playing small forward and sharing time with whoever else shines. Only the recruiting process and the summer development can tell us that.

The talk of Tony Parker at the McDonalds game was to some degree about his physical conditioning. The kind of run and gun strategy, or lack there of, doesn't favor a big man. There was a great reluctance to pass it into any of the big guys, so I didn't think it was a fair look at his abilities. He is big and smooth. NOt going to win races up and down the court nor is he likely to outjump others, but he has the quality to use his size effectively. I would like to see him choose Duke as he fills our need for a capable big bodied guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    The talk of Tony Parker at the McDonalds game was to some degree about his physical conditioning. The kind of run and gun strategy, or lack there of, doesn't favor a big man. There was a great reluctance to pass it into any of the big guys, so I didn't think it was a fair look at his abilities. He is big and smooth. NOt going to win races up and down the court nor is he likely to outjump others, but he has the quality to use his size effectively. I would like to see him choose Duke as he fills our need for a capable big bodied guy.
    I agree - I actually see a lot of potential in Tony. He has elements that are hard to teach - he is big, smooth, and has good hands. His deficiencies can be remedied by a rigorous college-level program, like at Duke. I hope our staff gets the opportunity to mold him, because he could be very very good when it's all said and done.

Anybody know where a box score is for the game, couldn't find one myself, it may not be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Anybody know where a box score is for the game, couldn't find one myself, it may not be out there.
    That would be great to see. I was also very impressed with our new guard - seems to be what we need!

Of course the N&O raved only about NCState prospects and even stated that Purvis outscored all the area prospects in the game (I'm sure that's not right, just don't have the box).

Box score.

Here's the box score.

ETA: Duvalllllll!

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Here's the box score.

Thanks! Just as I though, Rasheed did outscore Purvis. Of course, they both took Marcus Paige to the cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Of course, they both took Marcus Paige to the cleaners.
    I disagreed with analysis of Marcus Paige earlier in the thread and I'll reiterate my disagreement here. Paige may have only scored four points, but he dished out seven assists against one turnover. He also had a steal and a blocked shot. With Kendall Marshall off to the NBA, I expect Paige will step in and excel running (pun intended) Coach Williams' system. Perhaps his performance and the subsequent comments in this thread are via a Duke blue filter. Of course, I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see Coach Williams have to coach next year without having the luxury of a good point guard on his roster.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Here's the box score.

Intreresting to note that outside of Rasheed, 3-pt shooting was 5-31.

So he was 50%; everyone else was 16%.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Intreresting to note that outside of Rasheed, 3-pt shooting was 5-31.

So he was 50%; everyone else was 16%.
    It was a lot of awful basketball with some nice moments mixed in there. Only about a handful of guys stood out. Sulaimon was definitely one of them.

There is always alot of talk about one and done players this time of year. There is at least one good aspect of the one and done rule. The players we saw in the McD game will be playing in college next year.

Personality

Sheed even has some Nolan personality in him going toe to toe with the other triangle recruits VIDEO

Next year's team might be the best DBP team ever, with The Big Three of Rasheed, Quinn and Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    There is always alot of talk about one and done players this time of year. There is at least one good aspect of the one and done rule. The players we saw in the McD game will be playing in college next year.
    Unless they go the Brandon Jennings route.

I am really impressed with this kid. Duke has a great recruit!

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Sheed even has some Nolan personality in him going toe to toe with the other triangle recruits VIDEO
    He states Mason is coming back in this video. Seems quite sure about it as well.

Violent gerbils seem to be everywhere right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    He states Mason is coming back in this video. Seems quite sure about it as well.

Violent gerbils seem to be everywhere right now.
    Lots of tensions flowing to the surface in the gerbil world right now. We could be looking at all-out anarchy soon...