Elizabeth Williams hurt

GRRR!

From Duke press release

"After posting one of the best rookie campaigns in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history, Duke University freshman Elizabeth Williams will have to deal with a stress fracture in her right lower leg as the sixth-ranked and second-seeded Blue Devils enter the NCAA Tournament this weekend.

Williams, who was selected the 2012 ESPN.com National Rookie of the Year, is expected to play during the tournament and will take time off following the season to recover from her injury. "

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    GRRR!

From Duke press release

"After posting one of the best rookie campaigns in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history, Duke University freshman Elizabeth Williams will have to deal with a stress fracture in her right lower leg as the sixth-ranked and second-seeded Blue Devils enter the NCAA Tournament this weekend.

Williams, who was selected the 2012 ESPN.com National Rookie of the Year, is expected to play during the tournament and will take time off following the season to recover from her injury. "
    Ugh. That's a real downer.

Man, who did we piss off? Kelly and now Williams. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Holy #$%#!!!!!!! How much can this team endure in one season? Vibes to her.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    What is the wisdom of continuing for her to play? Can't she make the injury worse and affect her future? I want the women to advance as much as anyone, but I hate to see her risking worse injury for the benefit of the team.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hmm. Did the President know this when he picked us to lose early in the women's Baracket?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Ugh, this is horrible. This team has had such a rash of bad luck and injuries... Good luck and healing to Elizabeth.

Didn't Georgia Schweitzer play with a stress fracture for a while? I don't want to see Williams get hurt worse by playing (if that's a concern), but I have to admit, I hold a special place in my heart for the tough Blue Devils who play with broken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Hmm. Did the President know this when he picked us to lose early in the women's Baracket?
    Well, he does have access to a fairly large intelligence apparatus. I sure hope they are focused on more important stuff, though!