Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    They just gave them the game... That was an obvious offensive foul! He led with his shoulder the whole way! How in the...?!

Anybody else sort of outraged? State deserved a shot at that game. They played their hearts out and the ref swallowed his whistle at the most convenient time for UNC.
    Last edited by Gthoma2a; 03-10-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Doesn't matter which 5 the holes put on the court, home, neutral or away, it's always 5 vs 8. Pathetic reffing. Can't wait to see our game.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Well, State threw away some chances at the end. Can't believe that Zeller fouled out. Barnes looked pretty poor today. State was overall impressive, should be in like Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Doesn't matter which 5 the holes put on the court, home, neutral or away, it's always 5 vs 8. Pathetic reffing. Can't wait to see our game.
    Lots of things stinky-poo about that game, reffing which was uneven both ways. Hard to say which team benefitted more from the bad calls but that last play on which Marshall scored was putrid. Of course State can only blame themselves. Tossing the ball out of bounds on their second to last possession is indicative all the demons real and imagined from which State basketball suffers. But State fans should take heart in the knowledge that Scott "Petrified" Wood is graduating which alone should be worth another 10 points a game. He contributed absolutely nothing of value to the game and threw a terrible pass on State's last decent chance to win. I have no idea why that guy gets the court time he does. He does nothing to try to get his own shot, one of the laziest players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Lots of things stinky-poo about that game, reffing which was uneven both ways. Hard to say which team benefitted more from the bad calls but that last play on which Marshall scored was putrid. Of course State can only blame themselves. Tossing the ball out of bounds on their second to last possession is indicative all the demons real and imagined from which State basketball suffers. But State fans should take heart in the knowledge that Scott "Petrified" Wood is graduating which alone should be worth another 10 points a game. He contributed absolutely nothing of value to the game and threw a terrible pass on State's last decent chance to win. I have no idea why that guy gets the court time he does. He does nothing to try to get his own shot, one of the laziest players in the league.
    Scott Wood is a junior. He's got another year of eligibility.

State definitely did themselves no favors down the stretch. The horrible miscommunication between Johnson and Brown. The pass by Johnson that got picked off by Watts. And several other dumb mistakes. But they also got jobbed by the refs.

We should close this thread because I am way too tempted to say mean stuff about Henson and his wrist.

Uhhh... I'll just stick with GTHC.

Why do we have a "vigil" for an UNC player's injury? I don't want it to hurt his career or anything, but I'd love to see him sit out tomorrow. Can we save the vigils for our guys and just call this a thread about an opposing players injury?

I think it was meant to be ironic.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Why do we have a "vigil" for an UNC player's injury? I don't want it to hurt his career or anything, but I'd love to see him sit out tomorrow. Can we save the vigils for our guys and just call this a thread about an opposing players injury?
    My bet is he does sit out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I think it was meant to be ironic.

-jk
    Well don't I just feel like a mule's hiney.

Sorry, internet irony can be a pain sometimes...