State Farm College Gameday!

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. Doors open at 8:30....what time should I get there to stand in line.
    2. I am not a student, however can I sit in the student section for this event?

Let's GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue4Life View Post
    TWO QUESTIONS:

1. Doors open at 8:30....what time should I get there to stand in line.
    2. I am not a student, however can I sit in the student section for this event?

Let's GO DUKE!
    furthering this, coach K's talk is supposed to be 8pm on friday...is this open to the public?

also, they are requiring all tenters to attend gameday, so the odds of getting into the student section are slim I would think

That being said, I think the entire stadium is open to sit in, and I've been there twice and its never been close to filled...this combined with my guess of not so much room in the student section would mean I probably wouldn't spend TOO much time in line....just a guess...i don't rightly know
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    furthering this, coach K's talk is supposed to be 8pm on friday...is this open to the public?

also, they are requiring all tenters to attend gameday, so the odds of getting into the student section are slim I would think

That being said, I think the entire stadium is open to sit in, and I've been there twice and its never been close to filled...this combined with my guess of not so much room in the student section would mean I probably wouldn't spend TOO much time in line....just a guess...i don't rightly know
    I wouldn't count on Coach K's talk being open to the public. I don't remember completely, but I do think they check for Duke Cards for anyone trying to listen in.

As for GameDay, the student section might be tough, but the stadium itself won't fill up. It didn't the last 2 times they came (08 and 10)

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    I wouldn't count on Coach K's talk being open to the public. I don't remember completely, but I do think they check for Duke Cards for anyone trying to listen in.
    The reason i ask was that last year i SEEMED to remember some crusties sitting upstairs during the talk...i could be mistaken...
    April 1

Got this in an email today
    The Duke Alumni Association would like to offer you the opportunity to attend a Private Screening of Duke ’91 & ’92 - Back to Back, from Executive Producers Grant Hill '94 and Christian Laettner '92.

Duke '91 & '92 - BACK TO BACK
    Friday, March 2
    7:30 p.m.
    Cameron Indoor Stadium
    After the Iron Dukes see it in Cameron, it will be shown to the students (tenters).
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Got this in an email today

After the Iron Dukes see it in Cameron, it will be shown to the students (tenters).
    the tenters are being let in at 7...so I would guess it's a single viewing

Quote Originally Posted by head line monitor
    Friday night: Come to Cameron Indoor for Coach K's talk to the students and a special screening of Grant Hill and Christian Laettner's Documentary "Duke 91 & 92: Back to Back." Doors will open at 7pm and the event will begin at 8pm. This will be included as part of Kville for those involved in Personal Checks or in the walk-up line.
    April 1

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

GameDay seating

From what I recall from two years ago, they try to fill the 'middle' of the student section and above and move outward from there, because that's how it appears full on tv. So yes, you very well could end up in Section 17, but its much more comfortable to sit upstairs so you can have a seat during the breaks.

Don't worry, there's plenty of room.

the tenters are being let in at 7...so I would guess it's a single viewing
    Here's more of the email I didn't copy and paste before. Perhaps there are two showings for the students?
    Doors to Cameron will open at 7:30 pm and seating is limited. After the screening, there will be a special student-only presentation-all others will be asked to leave the stadium.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Here's more of the email I didn't copy and paste before. Perhaps there are two showings for the students?
    I'm going to guess the "special presentation" is just coach K's talk and that will follow a single screening of the movie.
    April 1