Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Who would you pick?

I'd go with Kentucky, Florida, Duke and Ohio State. Based on the last few years, we'll probably get a sleeper or two though.

For the Champ, I'd go with Kentucky getting hot and vindicating Calipari.

Super "Opinion subject to change without notice" Dave
    Duke, 'Cuse, Mich St., UK.

I think the Pac-12 and the Big-12 get shut out this year. The length of the Big Least tourney could certainly wear out the Orange, but it only seemed to help the uConnvicts last year.
    The Gordog

good ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The problem is every team seems to have a fatal flaw. Kentucky may have the least fatal flaw (youth), but it's hard to make a particularly convincing case for anybody else. It would surprise me if the high seeds all win out.
    Syracuse, Duke, MSU, and Mizzou, for no particular reason. winner pick is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Duke, 'Cuse, Mich St., UK.

I think the Pac-12 and the Big-12 get shut out this year. The length of the Big Least tourney could certainly wear out the Orange, but it only seemed to help the uConnvicts last year.
    Due to a double bye format,the top four seeds in the big east tourney only have to play three games to win the championship. UCONN was one of the bottom eight seeds last year and therefore had to win 5 games in 5 days to win the conference tourney title.

I have G'town as a sleeper to make the final four... I'll go kentucky, duke, msu and gtown...

As much as I like golden retrievers, having had one as a boy, I think a border collie would make a much better point guard...

Kentucky, Baylor, Mizzou, Duke; still waiting to see Duke play it's best basketball for a whole game, have seen some good things by halves. Hope it happens in it's biggest game, so I'll pick Duke to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    And I'd pick Duke if we started a golden retriever at point guard. So that's just the way that is.
    Hmm...Chris Collins was kind of like a golden retriever in his youth.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

DUKE ( Duke wins going away )
    UNLV

SYRACUSE
    DREXEL ( the next CAA wonder, and I think they've beaten the 'cuse once in the past few years )

DUKE vs DREXEL ( and we know there aren't really dragons )

DUKE, NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ( again )

Kentucky's the best team...

Duke, Ohio State, Wichita State, Kansas

Duke (Have never picked anyone else).

Kentucky, UNC, Syracuse, Kansas.

Kentucky.

Ky has played some ball this season.

Tough choice

I hate this is their anything worse than picking UK? Answer is yes and it is UNC. I think they are the two I would pick to win it all. That being said I would not be surprised if UNC got bounced in their second game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    DREXEL ( the next CAA wonder, and I think they've beaten the 'cuse once in the past few years )
    Great pick. A 17 game winning streak currently. Definitely a possible sleeper to go deep.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    I hate this is their anything worse than picking UK? Answer is yes and it is UNC. I think they are the two I would pick to win it all. That being said I would not be surprised if UNC got bounced in their second game.
    neither UK or UNC will win...imo

UNC is meh...they have guys with their heads in the pros (or at least Barnes) who are thinking this is gonna be their time to shine...team play breaks down...i'm sure you'll all be happy to recall when Uconn had a similar situation in 2006 and got bounced by a george mason team...i put them in the elite 8

The SEC slate is incredibly weak...just stupidly weak...and UK finds themselves unprepared for facing tougher teams year in and year out...especially teams that play excellent defense...UWV and Uconn beat them the past two years by forcing them to take ridiculous numbers of threes...and I don't think calipari has the acumen to correct that sort of error mid game...our record would be gaudy too if we could play the SEC schedule they played

Further, I don't think we have what it takes to win it all. if UNC played the last 2 minutes of the game, they have a double digit victory. despite the defense being on the rise, I think it will fail us...i think round of 8/4 is where we'll end up.

I don't think syracuse will win...they have had far more than their fair share of wins they should not have gotten...

if i had to wager a guess, i'd say michigan state
    April 1

Duke, Syracuse, Missouri, Indiana

Duke wins.

Duke, Georgetown, Kentucky, Ohio state
    Duke wins

I still think UNC is the best team. Despite losing Strickland, they still have the best combination of talent and experience. Kentucky is the flashiest and probably the best as far as raw talent, but I also see a team upset prone to a half-court oriented team.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

KY, Syracuse, KA and one of NC@ch, Duke, MSU or OSU (with a slight lean to NC and MSU).

KY and Syracuse are going to be everyone's favorites in NCAA pools everywhere. And I have to go with KY as the best bet to win it all, though I think Calimari is really an overrated NCAAT coach, having consistently lost earlier than he should have for years now.

But this is a good year for a second-tier team to jump in and surprise at the Final Four, like a Duke, OSU or NC (NC and OSU certainly have the talent to win a Natl Championship, but aren't quite putting it all together) and MSU (Izzo always a threat come late-March). I don't have faith in MO's intestinal fortitude during close March games, nor their front court depth.

Hope I'm wrong...don't want to jinx our guys by picking them.

Syracuse, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio State.

Syracuse to win it.

I am sure that I will get reamed out for this but I think that Duke could go out in the second round or the third round. I cannot for the life of me see Duke as a Final Four team and winning a championship...no way.This team has struggled and failed to put teams away this season...see Miami, NCState, Wake, St. John's to an extent, these are mediocre teams at best and the team that Duke would face in the second or third round would be much better.

I just don't think, and it is my opinion only which probably isn't worth very much, that this team has the talent to win 6 straight games. I have seen Kentucky and Syracuse play this year and they are much better than Duke especially Kentucky. Kansas is a much better team now than when we beat them in Maui and so is Michigan State even tho they lost last night at Indiana, Izzo is as good of a tournament coach as you can find and he has a stud in Green. . Missouri even after their inability to beat Kansas this year would be a nightmare for Duke.

My sleeper team to do some damage and possibly get to the Final 4 is Washington. This is a much better team now than when Duke beat them in the Garden.

P.S. I am surprised that no one has mentioned Murray State as a potential team to get to the Final 4
    Last edited by NYC Duke Fan; 02-29-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Final 4

Seems like a crap shoot at this point but I'll give a guess anyway.

I'll take Duke, Louisville, UNC, and Michigan. With Duke beating Louisville for the Championship.

Syracuse, Wichita State, Michigan State, UNC

Syracuse wins it all