Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    How did we win that game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Slamming Butcher View Post
    Wow. That was one EPIC collapse by State...the kind that can unravel an entire season.
    After watching VaTech blow the game against FSU, I thought one epic collapse was enough for a night...but, no, you're right, it was a collapse by the Wuffies.

There is something to the psychology of expecting to win or expecting bad things to happen.

@Ferryfor50

From the in-game thread:

Julius Hodge just looked like he got punched in the junk.

(too soon?)

Awesome...post of the day!

The causexof death on my certificate is going to say Duke basketball. If they keep this up, it may be this year.

The cardiac kids strike again... Time to medicate... Seth is MoM...

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Actually, I hope they were watching something else because they don't deserve to have watched our team do what they just did. Real fans don't say the things I saw posted here an hour ago.
    That's one reason I wait until after the game's over before posting. So many Duke fans jumping ship. Great to see the team play defense in the 2nd half. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    NC State watched the Duke UNC game last week! Go Duke. Good call by pressing them!

8. Debra Morgan looks like she has been sitting on a bag of fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by brumby041 View Post
    From the in-game thread:

Julius Hodge just looked like he got punched in the junk.

(too soon?)

Awesome...post of the day!
    lolz

It's never too soon...

There is something that is both gratifying and bothersome in a comeback win like this. Great that we showed the heart and tenacity to fight back against an opponent that had the edge athletically. But let's face it, State's dumb fouls in the 1st half helped us out big time in the 2nd. I think we earned it, but I think State blew it just as much.

Leslie was a matchup nightmare and the perimeter was getting everything they wanted. Again the foul issues seemed to take the sails out of them and the required substitutions as a result of their foul issues seemed to disrupt the offensive and defensive flow. They were a totally different team as a result.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

This game was a good argument for stall ball. NC State took some quick jumpers during our run that really helped us out. Throw in some turnovers, Curry and Rivers finally driving to the rack instead of settling for threes, and State's matador defense due to foul trouble and there you go.

Pretty awesome that we'll cause both the UNC and NC State fanbases to meltdown in a span of eight days.

Tale of two halfs

The team was sleep walking through the first half. Mason had no fouls for the first 29 minutes while we were getting badly outrebounded. Was he working hard enough? Kelly was not competitive. To his credit, Seth kept playing and turned it up a notch in the second half. It seemed to ignite both Austin and Mason, whose intensity level went up. Ryan still didn't look good in the second half, but with Leslie in the game, I guess the coach wanted him in as well. I kept wondering when Dawkins would get a shot. Seth found him for a three and he got another and missed one. Surprisingly few shots, while some of our less talented 3 point shooters were taking them instead.

Perhaps with Leslie out with foul trouble and NCS's bench pretty limited, they tired as they did against UNC. Just enough to make up a huge deficit. I didn't understand why Thornton came in and fouled the three point shooter in that circumstance. Not a very smart play at all.

Special Kudos to Seth who saved this team tonight.

State scored 46 points in the first half - a 92 per game rate. That included only four 3-pointers.

We did a great job on Scott Wood all night, but were just unable to keep them from getting past our guards in the first half and getting close in shots.

For all our defensive weakness, this team has a LOT of heart. It is very impressive to see them mount huge comebacks while maintaining their poise.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    There is something that is both gratifying and bothersome in a comeback win like this. Great that we showed the heart and tenacity to fight back against an opponent that had the edge athletically. But let's face it, State's dumb fouls in the 1st half helped us out big time in the 2nd. I think we earned it, but I think State blew it just as much.

Leslie was a matchup nightmare and the perimeter was getting everything they wanted. Again the foul issues seemed to take the sails out of them and the required substitutions as a result of their foul issues seemed to disrupt their flow. They were a totally different team as a result.
    I see no negatives in a comeback win where you're absolutely getting your lunch handed to you and you claw back and win by 5 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    This game was a good argument for stall ball. NC State took some quick jumpers during our run that really helped us out. Throw in some turnovers, Curry and Rivers finally driving to the rack instead of settling for threes, and State's matador defense due to foul trouble and there you go.

Pretty awesome that we'll cause both the UNC and NC State fanbases to meltdown in a span of eight days.
    This is a great point. How ironic that two teams that refuse to play a slow-down game ended up blowing leads against a team that loves to slow it down at the end.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Most underrated part of the game...

Coach K's use of timeouts after baskets well before the 4 minute mark in second half. Served to set the defense (at vital times), lengthen the game, and pressure NC State. He is a master.

From Kendall Marshall's twitter:
    "This has been a disappointing night. I'm goin to sleep."

I'll say.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

GREAT game for state...terrible game for duke... even tho we win, that was horrible...

state is getting better....the team is buying in...gott has a good seed planted...they'll be tough next year and beyond...

us? i'm worried about how we have let just about every team push us around....it is what it is... :/
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I see no negatives in a comeback win where you're absolutely getting your lunch handed to you and you claw back and win by 5 at home.
    The fact that we were down by 20 at home against an opponent to begin with?

I like that we clawed back too, and it was great to watch, but dang. Let's not wait until we are 20 down to start playing!
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    My friend, a State gal, bet me $20 that Duke would win win when it was 60something to 40something. Best $20 I ever spent.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine