Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I heard that the newest renovation plan to Wally Wade involves taking up the track and putting in a moat.

Not sure why.

Funny, I remember when they put the track in as the next new thing.
    Excellent.

We're gonna need a taller QB than Thad Lewis to see over that moat.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    No. I see your point, but the board is forever. If you need a real time outlet, try snrubchat. We're not a place to vent.

-jk
    This.

There's traditionally been a little bit more leeway given in the game threads, but if you want to scream and cry about how things are going during the game, come over to the chat. Breen set it up in a pretty libertarian fashion. It's just me and Loopy moderating it, and that's when we remember to do so, which ain't the Colorado State game. And we're basically there to make sure that UVA and UNC flamers are blocked. Language mostly flies free. I've been known to use an Anglo-Saxon term or two myself. Unless you're unbelievably, um, not good, you can vent your Screaming Howler Panic Monkey spleen in snrubchat in real time. It doesn't need to occur permanently on the board.

This is not to say anything at all goes in the chatroom, but me and Loopy have pretty long ropes, and we don't toss people just for being frustrated. We only toss them for being trolls. There's no reason to act stupid on the DBR.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Snrubchat = peace in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    This.

There's traditionally been a little bit more leeway given in the game threads, but if you want to scream and cry about how things are going during the game, come over to the chat. Breen set it up in a pretty libertarian fashion. It's just me and Loopy moderating it, and that's when we remember to do so, which ain't the Colorado State game. And we're basically there to make sure that UVA and UNC flamers are blocked. Language mostly flies free. I've been known to use an Anglo-Saxon term or two myself. Unless you're unbelievably, um, not good, you can vent your Screaming Howler Panic Monkey spleen in snrubchat in real time. It doesn't need to occur permanently on the board.

This is not to say anything at all goes in the chatroom, but me and Loopy have pretty long ropes, and we don't toss people just for being frustrated. We only toss them for being trolls. There's no reason to act stupid on the DBR.
    I wanna say thanks, as a longtime lurker, for the snrubchat. I know that I love being able to use it during the games, for it leads to much less screaming during the games. Only issue I have is, through no fault of snrubchat, when the Xbox buffered the game last night and everyone else was a full minute+ ahead.

snrub = awesome. And yes, they are rather forgiving.. I know I have been prone to more than one outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Actually, for a bunch of Duke kids, that might have just the right ring!

Ventricular Tachycardia Young People! I LIKE it!
    "The Imps of Infarction"

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Excellent.

We're gonna need a taller QB than Thad Lewis to see over that moat.
    How many cinder blocks tall should a good draw-gate be?

Oh, and on point -- Seth spoke in the post-game about coming out flat with less energy. Not sure why this keeps happening, especially at home. He (and Austin) were quick to point out that the crowd NEVER gave up on them, even down 20. Sixth Man, you get the game ball.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 02-18-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    No. I see your point, but the board is forever. If you need a real time outlet, try snrubchat. We're not a place to vent.

-jk
    I obviously have no idea if any of the players read the boards. Honestly, hopefully not. But, wow, if they did... I mean, we all get upset. We hate seeing misses. We hate seeing poor decisions. We hate seeing a lack of hustle when it happens. But geez, they are kids playing college basketball - not NBA players doing this for a living. I just hate to see the personal attacks on individual players. That's over the line - and frankly should be treated as such.

Cool Seth's deflection

This may have been mentioned by someone else, but I just wanted to point out another example of Seth's astuteness. I think Duke was up by 3 when he went up after a NCS miss and deflected the ball away from a State player who probably had an easy putback, otherwise. That's basketball IQ of the highest order.