Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here's the Maryland press release on Howard's injury.

"Sophomore point guard Pe'Shon Howard will be out for the remainder of the 2011-12 basketball season, head coach Mark Turgeon announced Friday.

Howard tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during practice on Thursday. Final reports of medical tests and a prognosis were not available until during Friday afternoon’s practice. Howard also tore some cartilage in the knee.

"We're heartbroken for Pe'Shon," said Turgeon. "He's done everything we've asked of him this season and he was playing very well. Obviously it's been a tough year for him, but he's a great kid."

Howard was averaging 6.5 points per game and had a team-high 52 assists despite missing the first nine games of the season, when he was recovering from a broken bone in his foot.

Maryland's sports medicine staff anticipates surgery to be scheduled within the next couple weeks. Howard is expected to return next season."

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I am worried not so much about a letdown against Maryland but rather against NC State. When this team gets complacent, they lose their edge and they need that edge to beat a good team. I think they'll be up for the Maryland game but if they get a comfortable win against Maryland I am a bit worried about complacency come the NC State game.

NC State has beeen a team I've worried about for a bit now. Not just us being complacent, but generally speaking State is good this year and again, have taller more physical guards. I won't worry so much about it right now, we still have to take care of MD, but just wanted to voice my opinion.

As for Maryland, I don't think we should have a problem with them. This team is still angry about losing at home and we'll play hard today. As long as we make some shots, I say we win by at least 15. I'm looking for Mason, Andre, and Miles to have good games

I hate the grey uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I hate the grey uniforms.
    Seriously. Is there any chance of changing back to the real ones at halftime?

Hopefully Duke is down by about 7 at halftime, realizes it is due to the jersey's, someone makes a Mighty Ducks-like speech, they bring out the real jerseys, Duke changes, comes out for the 2nd half and wins by 20.

quack, quack, qua...

Ugly!

So many teams have done this.

Want the white!

Our play in the first segment was as ugly as the uniforms.

Those uniforms are horrifically bad. Is that even Duke blue on the jerseys? It's some form of blue but it doesn't look like Duke blue. Burn 'em now!!!

There is likely a connection!!!

Hideous. Can't see the numbers. Nike is wrong on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Those uniforms are horrifically bad. Is that even Duke blue on the jerseys? It's some form of blue but it doesn't look like Duke blue. Burn 'em now!!!
    I agree, they are very dull looking. They need a deeper blue to brighten them up.

uniforms

They are a disaster! Get rid of them now,

i hate the grey uniforms.
    agreed!

Hideous Unis

Whats up with this? Going for a Hoyas look?

Ugly

Hate the grey. Don't like the "Blue Devils". Though, I have always wondered why the home team always wears white? The dark colors seem to represent the team better, so shouldn't the home team wear their colors? Duke Blue all the time!

I hate the way we are playing.

let's go devils

Need to overcome the evil mojo of the stolen Hoyas jerseys.

Need to overcome the evil mojo of the stolen Hoyas jerseys.
    I was thinking that there must have been some type of laundry accident.

Unforced Turnovers:

Already 3 absolutely uncalled for turnovers (Kelly, Andre & Seth)...when will this team learn to value the basketball?