View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 74-78 loss to Miami?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Austin Rivers

31 64.58%
  • Andre Dawkins

1 2.08%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

3 6.25%
  • Seth Curry

13 27.08%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Miami (Feb 5, 2012)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 74-78 loss to Miami?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

My vote goes to the Crazies. They rose to the challenge thrown down for all corners this week and were outstanding in their efforts! Kudos to them, one and all!

As for a player MOTM, I'm not going to vote for one. Those that could have been in the running didn't come through from the line at crunch time. They didn't get the job done. Next play.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Gotta go with Austin. For how well he played and for how pissed off he was. He tried to do whatever he could to make us win that game.

Praise For The Crazies

I have to agree with Ozzie4Duke. There was only one player on the floor that deserves any accolades after today's game and he wore 42 for Miami. The Duke players deserve tons of credit for the comeback, but as Coach K said to Bob Harris after the game, this team has to come out with energy to start the game, and they need to learn to close things out when they have the chance. I was at the game and the fans below and above the rail were crazy loud. Cameron had just as much energy tonight as when I was a student in the early 90s. The officiating was horrendous, and it didn't appear any of the players could figure out what a foul was today (Austin was getting hammered every time he went in the lane. Mason was pushed with the body every time he took his hook shot). Duke will learn alot from this game and we will get better. Trust in K.

You are right!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    My vote goes to the Crazies. They rose to the challenge thrown down for all corners this week and were outstanding in their efforts! Kudos to them, one and all!

As for a player MOTM, I'm not going to vote for one. Those that could have been in the running didn't come through from the line at crunch time. They didn't get the job done. Next play.
    Ozzie: You are 100% right. The Crazies downstairs AND upstairs lived up to their names. I have rarely see the older set get up as many times during the game as they did. And the folks in the bleachers were inspired!

I noticed a couple of times that Tyler and Quinn motioned for the crowd to make noise, and frankly I was a little annoyed at that. WE were making lots of noise, but nothing seemed to be working in the first half. The crowd was especially loud during the last minute or so of regulation and during overtime. None of us could believe that this team which had engineered such a comeback would fail in the end. But six free throws left on the line did us in. The Crazies couldn't have done more than they did.

I'm not voting for the MOTM either.
    DukeDevilDeb

Seth was Man of Match in losing effort

By the numbers, it was Seth.

Duke Miami +/- Metrics Total Duke

72 (68) 04 70 74 Seth Curry, G

69 (73) (4) 69 65 Austin Rivers, G

56 (46) 10 40 50 Quinn Cook, G

51 (49) 02 39 41 Ryan Kelly, F

47 (43) 04 29 33 Miles Plumlee, F

37 (50) (13) 41 28 Mason Plumlee, F

13 (13) 00 15 15 Josh Hairston, F

12 (16) (4) 11 07 Tyler Thornton, G

13 (32) (19) 17 (2) Andre Dawkins, G

370 (390) (20) TOTALS
    74 (78) (4)

Quinn had the best +/- @ +10 but Dre was -19 and Mason -13.

The column labelled Metrics is sum of all positive stats like points, rebounds, assists etc. less TO's less fouls.

Rivers was the only player that gave it 100% for 40+ mins today IMHO he was into the game from the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Rivers was the only player that gave it 100% for 40+ mins today IMHO he was into the game from the jump.
    Agreed - I think his 9 rebounds are a testament to that. He not only carried us offensively in the first half, he was our most active player on defense and the boards, by far. He even had a straight-up offensive rebound for a putback among the trees. If only the rest of the team had the same attitude.

Can't argue with votes for Quinn or Seth though, as both gave us huge boosts to bring us back into the game.

I vote for ESPN for not televising the game. I average 3 broken remotes a season. If I had broken my sons' Apple I would not be alive today.

I voted for Seth. Great come back game for him just before the Wed. night match up with the heels. Seth had 22 pts on 7/13 fgs with 4/7 on his threes. 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 3 steals. Austin played a good game as well, but I thought Seth was better. Seth and Quinn had 8 of our 12 assists. Austin failed to record an assist. GoDuke!