Chris Depree Cartoons

Over in the Cameron Sane-ys Thread, it occurred to me that one of the differences between 80s / 90s Duke and the "Academic Duke" of today is the idea of the NY Times Hot Colleges article that had Duke on the NY Times Magazine cover in 1985.

Some time during that season, Chris Depree - who was simply brilliant - had a cartoon titled "What if Duke were just a lukewarm college?"

First, does anyone have some old chronicles? That cartoon would be awesome to post as part of the whole Crazy argument.

But second, I was going through my Chris Depree book - and having a good old laugh.

My wife and I still quote one of them all the time when one of us trips up on our own toe: "Chris trips on a quark."

Anybody remember his cartoons? What were your favorites?

As a member of the Class of '88, I remember the name well. Used to look forward to his cartoons, but I don't remember any specific ones. They were of the Far Side ilk, if I recall. In case you're interested, I found this on the web about Mr. De Pree - http://news.phy.duke.edu/2010/12/tea...-arts-college/
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Duke by De Pree

Hey all - just saw this thread. Only 11 years late. Thanks for the positive feedback! Go Duke!

My favorite: Heckling the Shuttle Launch..."OooooRing...OoooRing"

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    Over in the Cameron Sane-ys Thread, it occurred to me that one of the differences between 80s / 90s Duke and the "Academic Duke" of today is the idea of the NY Times Hot Colleges article that had Duke on the NY Times Magazine cover in 1985.

Some time during that season, Chris Depree - who was simply brilliant - had a cartoon titled "What if Duke were just a lukewarm college?"

First, does anyone have some old chronicles? That cartoon would be awesome to post as part of the whole Crazy argument.

But second, I was going through my Chris Depree book - and having a good old laugh.

My wife and I still quote one of them all the time when one of us trips up on our own toe: "Chris trips on a quark."

Anybody remember his cartoons? What were your favorites?
    [/B][/B][/B]

Cartoons or it didn’t happen
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Cartoons or it didn’t happen
    Hell yeah. Lets see 'em.