Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Duke to wear unique uniforms for one game only

There will be an announcement tomorrow, but Duke will be donning a unique jersey for one game only--presumably for the Maryland game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    There will be an announcement tomorrow, but Duke will be donning a unique jersey for one game only--presumably for the Maryland game.
    Which Maryland game?

I'm not sure, amigo. I would guess tomorrow night's game, but we'll find out soon. That's all I got.

Duke will be among a handful of schools wearing new uniforms. I have no sense of the design change, color scheme, etc. Trying to find out.

The rumor is that the uniforms for all of the schools will be...um, shades of grey.

In an effort to confuse the home crowd and simultaneously protect our players from thrown batteries and water bottles, it will look something like this, helmet and pads included.

155943.jpg
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    I'm not sure, amigo. I would guess tomorrow night's game, but we'll find out soon. That's all I got.

Duke will be among a handful of schools wearing new uniforms. I have no sense of the design change, color scheme, etc. Trying to find out.

The rumor is that the uniforms for all of the schools will be...um, shades of grey.
    She only sees shades of gray . . .
    2307702,J8pewl_AL5lVjAz0EF78Zj+1+ep9VZmtno7d6guTTjRw+7oNmxMioOI6kztYzm9gPGnkVBCfYYeZ3H8jcyq0DA==.jpg

Wishes Nike would just fall off the face of the earth. Apparently ruining college football uniforms isn't enough and now they want to venture off into basketball land with camo jerseys and God only knows what else.

Isn't having to tolerate the black jerseys on occasion bad enough? I'm worried about this....

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Isn't having to tolerate the black jerseys on occasion bad enough? I'm worried about this....
    I hate those black uniforms. On the road it's Royal Blue and it wouldn't bother me at home also. GoDuke!

They have been ruining jerseys in highschool football for quite a few years.what happened to tradition.i can see updating for the times.but they just go to far sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    I may stand alone, but I really like the black jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I may stand alone, but I really like the black jerseys
    Yeah they are by far my favorite jersey we have. Lol my sisters use to only watch Duke games with me if Duke wore their "sexy jerseys" (The black ones). I think I may also be in the minority in the fact that I love what Nike and all those other companies do with the jersey changes (a few suck but most are amazing!).

My friends and I agree the best jersey in all sports at all levels is the Oregon football team jerseys.

Y'all sure its a one-game only deal?

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=106110

(WARNING: Gratuitous Billy Clyde Sighting ahead)

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Yeah they are by far my favorite jersey we have. Lol my sisters use to only watch Duke games with me if Duke wore their "sexy jerseys" (The black ones). I think I may also be in the minority in the fact that I love what Nike and all those other companies do with the jersey changes (a few suck but most are amazing!).

My friends and I agree the best jersey in all sports at all levels is the Oregon football team jerseys.
    Yeah they gave Oregon an advantage in the Rose Bowl because no one could stand looking at them...including Wisconsin.

Is there any chance this is connected to Coaches vs Cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    There's every chance it's connected to Nike vs. Individualism.

It's just a uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    Ya'll sure its a one-game only deal?
    Yes sir. I was told expressly that the uniforms--at Duke, at least--will be worn for one game only.

What other schools choose to do is, I suppose, up to them.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    The women have worn pink before, I liked it on their uniforms. Not saying the men would wear it as well, but it would be interesting.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Nothing better

Remember those silly silver uniforms UNC wore two years ago? Someone wrote that Henson looked like the Tin Man!

What's wrong, aren't people interested enough in college hoops? Is a uniform change going to make more people tune in?
    I'm still concerned.