[QUOTE=fh84;545794]As has been said, for a lot of the home game students do NOT have to be in line for 2-4 hrs and can actually walk. Similarly, for most games even graduate students without tickets are able to get in through the walk up line (with some waiting). And about building a new stadium, here is what Dr. Coleman, chairman of the faculty athletics council at Duke had to say in a recent NYT article about college athletics:
"Despite Duke’s ascent to basketball royalty, Cameron Indoor Stadium — built in 1940, renovated in the 1980s and at 9,300 seats one of the smallest venues for a big-time program — still gives thousands of the best seats to students. At many large programs, courtside seats and luxury boxes go to boosters. But “outsiders with money,” Dr. Coleman said, can make demands and change the way the team fits in with a university. “We could easily double the size of our basketball stadium and sell it out,” he said. “That will never happen. If it does, you will know Duke has gone over to the dark side.” "
We should be proud that we are still playing in Cameron. I always love when my Carolina friends complain about how the Dean Dome is half empty for many games and how the noise travels badly because the arena is so big.

I hate to tell you and Dr. Coleman this, but a lot of us alums think that Duke went to the dark side with their affiliation with Nike and ESPN. If they were not on the dark side, the the coach or university would not be getting big money from Nike and the basketball games would still start at 7PM so the students wouldn't have to give up a whole evening of studying.