• Austin Rivers

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Mike Gbinije

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No, I am the one (so far) that voted for Ryan. I thought he played a solid game after the starters came back in around the first TV time out in the first half. Most consistent player when they came back in (Miles close behind him). He set the tone.
    OPK, spot on. Ryan and Miles are giving the others a sense of control and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    OPK, spot on. Ryan and Miles are giving the others a sense of control and balance.
    Excellent point, weezie. The announcers mentioned at one point that Miles was being very vocal on the floor. I view that as a positive development for sure, and not something that we would necessarily see when watching on TV. I have noticed that all other aspects of Miles' game have improved over the last several games, and I'm beyond thrilled to hear that his on-court leadership is making strides as well. As for Ryan, I'm a huge fan of his game. He's not immune to making mistakes, but he also does a lot of the little things that don't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

My vote is for Dre. Getting a few splinters in his backside did wonders for him. Kudos to K and his Jedi mind skills. I missed the dunk. It is hard to watch football at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I thought for sure you would give it to Mason for his free throw shooting.
    Mason deserves major props for this, agreed. I am very happy for him and hope this relaxes him at the line.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No, I am the one (so far) that voted for Ryan. I thought he played a solid game after the starters came back in around the first TV time out in the first half. Most consistent player when they came back in (Miles close behind him). He set the tone.

Glad Andre hit some big shots -- and he certainly did -- but I think Ryan pulled us back from the hole we were in with his play an dhis attitude. Sorry if you disagree.

And, to add more that I am sure you will disagree, the T for pulling up on the rim was both an easy call and a really unnecessary immature play. A leader does not do that. Hell, many of them would just simply lay it up and get back on D.
    Actually I agree with you about Dre' dunk, etc. I understand that intangibles count for a lot, but I thought Ryan was not assertive enough and the phantom flop was ugly. Ryan also was a -2 if you like to use stats. Nothing against Ryan but Andre was my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Actually I agree with you about Dre' dunk, etc. I understand that intangibles count for a lot, but I thought Ryan was not assertive enough and the phantom flop was ugly. Ryan also was a -2 if you like to use stats. Nothing against Ryan but Andre was my choice.
    I can't blame anyone voting for Dre. I hope this sets him off on a 12 week rampage of scoring and domination.

Great game by all, except Rivers. Had to go with Dre though. His scoring was clutch but his defense won my vote. That block against the backboard was LBJ-esque and should not have been called goal tending, imo. His dunk tech was kind of an iffy call as well. Guess K was challenging Dre with his post Uva "best D at Duke" comment.

Kudos to Mason on the FTs, as well as Curry and Miles for doing what they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I thought for sure your favorite Blue Devil was Miles. I am shocked.
    Miles is a close second. It seems my favorites are always guards.
    Bob Green