Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    If this holds up will Seth Davis question UNC's leadership and suggest they can't win on the road?
    Or will someone tell Wheat that unc needs to work the ball into the low post. GoDuke!

I'm in total shock that FSU has just strangled, beaten and abused UNC. I have never seen them play this bad before. They may even be playing worse than 82-50.

Heels in the polls

If Carolina can get the final margin of loss to under 20, they will likely climb to #2 in the polls (with some first place votes) based on their comeback.

Dulkys reminds me of Greg Paulus when he hit 6-8 3s at UNC. Even looks a bit like him too.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Or will someone tell Wheat that unc needs to work the ball into the low post. GoDuke!
    Did anyone DVR the game so we can go back and find bizarre reasons why Carolina's points in the paint don't qualify as post scoring?

33-point mrgin

Wow, the final margin 90-57 ... 33 points, one more than Duke's beatdown of them in Cameron two years ago.

Interesting that Roy and all his bench players fled the court with 12 seconds left, leaving five walk-ons and no coaches to finish the game. When K did something similar late in 2006 sensing an ugly situation, he was lambasted by Carolina fans as a coward. Nice to see what goes around comes around.

Second amazing point -- FSU's 33-point win was not the biggest ACC beat-down of the day. NC State went to Winston-Salem and beat Wake by 36 points. The Deacons had looked fairly decent up to that point -- not great, but better than at any point last year. But their worst loss a year ago was 35 points ... on the road. Ugh.

Finally, we have Virginia Tech fighting for their life at Boston College. BC up three with 13 minutes left as I write this ... the Hokies in danger of going 0-3 in the ACC (and if that happens with two of the losses coming to Wake and BC, Seth can pack it in).

On the plus side, I don't think Virginia Tech will have to worry about ending up on the bubble again this year.

Bc 61, vt 59

Boston College put them away, holding on for a two-point win.

In Seth's defense, the Hokies did play today without Erik Green, their leading scorer.

Still, got to admire the job Donahue is doing at BC. He's got the youngest team in ACC history -- two returning sophomore scrubs, one transfer (their other transfer has been hurt and unable to play a minute this season) and nine freshman -- none of them prep All-Americans. In fact, none of them ranked in the top 100 of the rsci.

And they already have more ACC wins than Wake managed last season. If Clemson were to upset Duke Sunday (possible, remember they routed FSU at home), BC would be tied for first in the ACC.

I still think they finish deep in the second division, but I now think they have a good chance to finish ahead of Wake and maybe somebody else in the standings.

As for Va Tech. I'm sure they'll eventually win an ACC game or two ... the way things go in streaks, they'll have a night like FSU had today. But it's becoming pretty obvious that Seth will miss the NCAA again this year. How many years does he have to miss before the school decides to go in another direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Boston College put them away, holding on for a two-point win.

In Seth's defense, the Hokies did play today without Erik Green, their leading scorer.

Still, got to admire the job Donahue is doing at BC. He's got the youngest team in ACC history -- two returning sophomore scrubs, one transfer (their other transfer has been hurt and unable to play a minute this season) and nine freshman -- none of them prep All-Americans. In fact, none of them ranked in the top 100 of the rsci.

And they already have more ACC wins than Wake managed last season. If Clemson were to upset Duke Sunday (possible, remember they routed FSU at home), BC would be tied for first in the ACC.

I still think they finish deep in the second division, but I now think they have a good chance to finish ahead of Wake and maybe somebody else in the standings.

As for Va Tech. I'm sure they'll eventually win an ACC game or two ... the way things go in streaks, they'll have a night like FSU had today. But it's becoming pretty obvious that Seth will miss the NCAA again this year. How many years does he have to miss before the school decides to go in another direction?
    What was wrong with Erick Green that he didn't play? Va. Tech hosts unc on Thursday night. Maybe they can get a win there.

green

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    What was wrong with Erick Green that he didn't play? Va. Tech hosts unc on Thursday night. Maybe they can get a win there.
    He reportedly sprained his left knee in practice Thursday. I don't think it's too bad -- it was a gametime decision to hold him out. No inside knowledge, but if it's that close today, he should be able to go Thursday (although how effectively, I have no idea).

I've got to bet on UNC Thursday ... as much fun as today's game was, they aren't that bad.