Myrtle beach beach ball tournament

Here's what I came away with after watching last nights final 3 games:

Remember the name Mickey Mitchell. The kid plays for Prestonwood, the same team that Randall plays for. He is a freshman that plays like a senior. I can't imagine how high this kid can go. Truly, a must for Coach K to keep an eye on. By the way, Coach K and Capel were there and if they didn't know about him before you can bet they do now.

As for Julius Randall...my first impression based on first half play, against Whitney Young the team that features Okafor, was that he was lazy...didn't hustle down the court, played soft and didn't attack the basket. However, the second half was totally different. He showed offensive assertiveness, owned the boards and was a defensive monster.

As for Jahlil Okafor, he is a wide body but doesn't call for the ball enough in my opinion. He had 10 points and 12 rebounds but for the most part he was "quiet."

Shabazz Muhammad really went untested again. The team Bishop Gorman played was extremely weak and had no answer for Shabazz. He has played 2 games and both were against what probably are the weakest teams in the field. He is a spectacular dunker however. They play Milton, Georgia tonight and that team has 3 players signed to play in the ACC or SEC. Should be his first test.

There is a team (Lone Peak) from Utah here and it has two of the most unlikely but spectacular shooting players I have seen in quite some time. The are both committed to BYU.
    There names are Nick Emery, who is a junior and T.J. Haws, a sophmore who is skinny as a rail, but an extraordinary player. This team is full of shooters and play smart basketball.

There is so much talent here. Great tournament! If you are in the area, it is a must see!

FYI... Bill Self and Danny Manning are pulling out all of the stops for Randle and Mitchell. Especially Randle. They even pulled the old "I'll give your best buddy a scholarship too, even if he has no business playing D1 hoops" with Zach Peters, another player at Prestonwood. (Roy perfected that with Aaron Miles/Micheal Lee.)

Fwiw, I don't see it working, Randle has UNC written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    FYI... Bill Self and Danny Manning are pulling out all of the stops for Randle and Mitchell. Especially Randle. They even pulled the old "I'll give your best buddy a scholarship too, even if he has no business playing D1 hoops" with Zach Peters, another player at Prestonwood. (Roy perfected that with Aaron Miles/Micheal Lee.)

Fwiw, I don't see it working, Randle has UNC written all over him.
    Please tell me I'm reading this wrong and that you're not saying Zach Peters doesn't belong in D1.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 12-30-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag