The Knicks Soap Opera

You could not make up stuff like this if you tried...

First of all, Stabury says that after he is done with his Knicks contract in 2 years, he plans to continue playing, but not in the NBA. He wants to play in Italy. He wants to be the Italian David Beckham. Wow... just wow.

And, if there was ever a franchise made for a player it is New York and Zach Randolph. Don't trust me on that? Well, just listen to the words of his teammate Malik Rose who said...

"That was Portland. It's easy to get in trouble in Portland. It's real hard to be in trouble in New York."
    Yup, he actually said that.

-Jason "" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 07-20-2007 at 11:18 AM.

The ridiculous comments that are consistently made by NBA players are sufficient evidence that the NCAA needs to crack down on class attendance by athletes. These guys could really benefit from an education.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

The only thing that I can possibly think that Rose might have meant was that in NY the cops look the other way? In Portland, there wasn't much going on so the team and cops had to come down on misbehavior, while in NY there's so much that it's possible to get lost in the shuffle?

Otherwise, what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    The only thing that I can possibly think that Rose might have meant was that in NY the cops look the other way? In Portland, there wasn't much going on so the team and cops had to come down on misbehavior, while in NY there's so much that it's possible to get lost in the shuffle?

Otherwise, what the hell?
    I'm sure that whats he meant, or something to that effect. But all thats means is "its ok to misbehave b/c you won't get in trouble" in NY, meaning "come to NYC, you can break the law and no one will care!"

also that may be Jason's best Jason "..." Evans yet. POTD. I just laughed outloud in a meeting...again...

Smile Best NBA quote since...

That quote is absolutely priceless. There have been some really great quotes over the years from NBA players but I think that is the best since

Boris Diaw credited his transformative season of 2 years ago to "...I played myself on NBA live alot this summer and realized that I was pretty good".

-Storm

...But I think he may have been kidding...

Starbury in Italy, WOW! That makes my day hearing that.

I wonder if his shoes will still sell here, they were a big hit

i dont think enough people are giving the knicks enough credit this year. the common criticism of the team, especially this version, is that they're not really capable of playing defense, and while thats certainly valid, i dont think defense is something isiah is really very worried about, seeing as the team was in the playoff hunt late, and could have stayed in if not for injuries.

the starting five right now is curry, randolph, richardson, crawford and marbury,

with david lee (who is SICK), jared jeffries, balkman (who believe it or not is really valuable), mardy collins and nate-rob (who sucks, i know but was the MOP in vegas this year) coming off the bench.

and this is assuming they dont trade for artest. if they do, i think theyd be a real force in the east.