Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    Wow tough question. The obvious choice is Kyle Singler simply because we don't have a small forward. But I think that I might go with Zoubek. Zoubek + Mason in the front court would be a heck of a duo. With Ryan and Miles on the bench you would be extremely deep. Curry would also benefit by playing at Zoubek's pace.
    Seriously? You'd put RK on the bench and replace him with Zoubs? I love Zoubs, but there's no way Zoubs is a better all-around player than RK. RK is just a solid player and has the best intuitive knack for the game since Shane Battier or maybe Kyrie Irving. (Irving was amazing, but we really didn't get to see him play enough for me to put him in the Battier camp for being mentally a few steps ahead of the action. All signs pointed in that direction, though.)

As several other people have said, I'd argue that we're extremely solid in the interior spots and at guard. My vote is for Kyle Singler - we need another person in the "winner" spot. With that being said, I've often speculated on what might have been if Kyrie had decided to stay.

No question that adding Jon, Zoubs, Kyle, Nolan, or Kyrie makes this team substantially better. All due respect to Jon and Zoubs...but this one comes down to Kyle, Nolan, and Kyrie. I like the arguments I have heard in favor of Kyle and Nolan, but to me Kyrie is the best player and a natural point guard so I'd have to go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Adding Nolan seems to me like we're just taking last year's team and replacing Kyrie with Austin, except we're losing Kyle. We still don't have a true point guard - Nolan did a fantastic job filling that role but it's not his natural position. Everyone else is a year older, which is significant, but I still don't think that's a title team.
    It's not quite the exact same team though. I think you'd have to take into account the enormous improvement of Mason, as well as the significant strides made by Andre, Seth, and Ryan. And if I remember correctly, Nolan was 2nd in the ACC for assists last year (behind one of the best freshman passers I've ever seen), so I don't think we'd have a problem at the point. I would argue that adding Nolan (or Kyle or Jon or Kyrie, to be honest) would almost certainly make this time a title contender, especially since this year's field is incredibly sparse.

Who would you leave off

This kind of thread brings up the question of who you would sit if you could get one player back. Would it be any of the starters? Yes it would of course. I don't like the implication and think it is better to just go with who brung us. Even coming up with an all time Duke team would leave off some truly great players, so I prefer to let that kind of speculation go. I have enough trouble trying to decide if Quinn should start over Tyler or Seth or if Andre should sit, etc. The truth is, we have a wonderful group of young players who will do the University proud and I hope each can contribute according to his strengths as the season unfolds.