Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Henson Jersey Given to Wounded Soldier Found on eBay


  2. #2
    That stinks. Having said that, a gift does belong to the donee. He can do with it what he wants.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That stinks. Having said that, a gift does belong to the donee. He can do with it what he wants.
    I get your sentiment, and normally tend to agree, but its not like vets are rolling in dough. If he needs the money, and lots of vets do, its certainly understandable. Henson shouldn't be upset but instead should think of it as helping him where he needs the help.

    At least that's the positive spin I'm gonna put on it. Need a lot of positive spin today

    (Let's just hope Roy doesn't find out and fly down to SD to berate him.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    I mean, I wouldn't keep a UNC jersey...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I get your sentiment, and normally tend to agree, but its not like vets are rolling in dough. If he needs the money, and lots of vets do, its certainly understandable. Henson shouldn't be upset but instead should think of it as helping him where he needs the help.

    At least that's the positive spin I'm gonna put on it. Need a lot of positive spin today

    (Let's just hope Roy doesn't find out and fly down to SD to berate him.)
    Or shoot him in the butt with a BB Gun.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That stinks. Having said that, a gift does belong to the donee. He can do with it what he wants.
    I have a different take on it. Having spent 20+ years in the military, I know how little the junior enlisted folks earn. Some are literally on government assistance, so why not sell it? Odds are he is not even a UNC fan to begin with.

    What I am worried about is Roy's reaction to this. He has been fuming for two days because someone sold a ticket... this may put him over the edge.

  7. #7
    SilkyJ, sorry, I had typed out my post and got called away, then sent it before I read yours. Great minds and all that!

    I am sure Roy will figure a way to make this a personal insult to Ol Roy.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    SilkyJ, sorry, I had typed out my post and got called away, then sent it before I read yours. Great minds and all that!

    I am sure Roy will figure a way to make this a personal insult to Ol Roy.
    How long does it take Roy Williams to screw in a light bulb?




    3 Days. He holds it up and the world revolves around him. After 3 days, that sucker is burning bright.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Listed at $1,525.

    Wonder if it got $15.25?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    This is not news. So what? Are we really stretching to make a point that this wouldn't have happened if it weren't Carolina, or that we're happy that it was? Really?
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Summit County, Colo.
    How much did the wounded soldier sell for?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    How long does it take Roy Williams to screw in a light bulb?




    3 Days. He holds it up and the world revolves around him. After 3 days, that sucker is burning bright.
    How many Tar Heel fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?





    21,000. One to do it, the rest to talk about how the lightbulb was much better when Dean was coach.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How many Tar Heel fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?





    21,000. One to do it, the rest to talk about how the lightbulb was much better when Dean was coach.
    Don't leave out the special non-profit club that's formed to pay for the bulb and and provide scholarship money for future club members.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Don't leave out the special non-profit club that's formed to pay for the bulb and and provide scholarship money for future club members.
    If Roy finds the Rams Clubber that bought a candle instead, though, he'll give him whatfor.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    What, a panel doesn't meet 12 days later to decide the lights were actually on?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    What, a panel doesn't meet 12 days later to decide the lights were actually on?
    The Helms Committee voted that, in fact, the lights in 1924 shone brighter at Carolina than anywhere else.

    True story.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Or shoot him in the butt with a BB Gun.
    J.R. Reid worked hard to stay on Roy's good side ...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron

    my favorite:

    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How many Tar Heel fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?





    21,000. One to do it, the rest to talk about how the lightbulb was much better when Dean was coach.
    Or, How many tarheel freshmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?


    None; it is a sophomore course

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Give the vet a break. He just doesn't like muppets.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

  20. #20
    I don't know why Henson or any UNC folks would be upset by this. It seems like a win-win to me. The service member gets some cash for something he obviously doesn't really want, and a UNC fan gets a game worn jersey for their collection. The smelly, ugly blue jersey found a home where it would be cared for...

    I think that a lot of UNC fans just cannot fathom that there are people in the world that don't give a Sh** about Carolina!

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Paulus and wounded veterans
    By Rudy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
  2. My buddy, Damone (a US soldier)
    By dukestheheat in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
  3. My toy soldier blog
    By Lord Ash in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •