Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Roy Hating on UNC fans AGAIN

Is this even worth talking about anymore?? What a sad attempt to show the world how tough he is...

I guess now Ol Roy wants to meet the "sucker" that sold his tickets to a UNLV fan "face to face", he said he is trying to find out who it is... and then what mountain man?? Going to challenge him to a pistol dual? Revoke his Ram's Club Card??? Punch him?? What if it is a little blue haired old lady who couldn't make the trip?? Going to get in her face??

Only Roy, the insecure sap that he is would take it personal that someone sold a ticket to a fan from a different school... Is he ever going to get over himself?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Is this even worth talking about anymore?? What a sad attempt to show the world how tough he is...

I guess now Ol Roy wants to meet the "sucker" that sold his tickets to a UNLV fan "face to face", he said he is trying to find out who it is... and then what mountain man?? Going to challenge him to a pistol dual? Revoke his Ram's Club Card??? Punch him?? What if it is a little blue haired old lady who couldn't make the trip?? Going to get in her face??

Only Roy, the insecure sap that he is would take it personal that someone sold a ticket to a fan from a different school... Is he ever going to get over himself?
    If only the fans and players cared about Carolina as much as he does.

Oh wait, I forgot. He doesn't give a @#$@ about Carolina.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If only the fans and players cared about Carolina as much as he does.

Oh wait, I forgot. He doesn't give a @#$@ about Carolina.

My bad.
    I seem to remember that he has more passion about UNC in his little finger than all the other UNC fans...

Huh... who knew...

Roy dislikes UNC fans almost as much as I do.
    whodathunkit

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I seem to remember that he has more passion about UNC in his little finger than all the other UNC fans...
    Sorry, misquoted Roy, looked it up he said: " I have more desire in my little finger than all of the dadgum Carolina fans in the world".

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Roy dislikes UNC fans almost as much as I do.
    whodathunkit
    I think the distinction you're reaching for is "contempt" versus "distain"

I think the distinction you're reaching for is "contempt" versus "distain"
    Just pointing out that Roy and I have something in common..

Just pointing out that Roy and I have something in common..
    So am I.

On a different point: when K won #903 and they were interviewing former players, JWill said that K loves to be hated by opposing fans. It really fires him up and sets him out to prove something. Roy's skin is so thin he can hear his organs working. Toughen up, Droopy.

Roy really needs some better meds. Just sayin'.

I thought Roy agreed to only speak his true feelings to his massage therapist?

In other news, UNLV t-shirts are the hot Christmas gift in Haiti this year ...

Toughen up, Droopy.
    That right there is solid gold my friend...

That right there is solid gold my friend...
    I wish I was half as funny as some of the posters on IC. Some are (rightfully) pushing back a bit.

Who knew that the fans lost the game for Roy. I kind of thought it was his refusal to call a time out or defend the three. But what do I know?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Roy talking about the desire to have heels fans emulate the UNLV fans...
    “My team could never hear what I was yelling at them out on the court, and during the timeouts, they struggled to hear what I said,’’ Williams said. “So many times, I was yelling things on the court, and that’s the kind of home-court advantage we need to have Wednesday night, because they were sensational.”
    Gee, that sounds like Cameron for every game. If he wants that atmosphere, he better pack his stuff up and move the team back to Carmichael.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Here's the thing for me. I understand that having an oppossing fan in your ear would be worrisome for most people. I get that. But why air it out in public on your radio show?? Complain to your wife, Woody Durham, your massage therapist, whomever, but why the need to puff yourself up as some big defender of UNC/Roy Williams and call out the person?

Why not just quitely find out if you can, who had that ticket and give them a call to say that in the future, if you need to sell off a ticket, call me and I will buy it from you and give it to a true fan of Roy Williams, err... I mean UNC.

Also, why think that because that fan is sitting there that YOU have been betrayed? Note that Roy said you were either for HIM or against HIM, not UNC, not the PLAYERS, but HIM, ROY, ROY WILLIAMS, good Ol Roy... that is what makes me want to heave whenever he opens his mouth.

If there's no middle ground how does he wear a Kansas sticker on his sweater after they beat the Tar out of the Heels?

Out of the many ironies in this latest incident from Roymy favorite is if you go to the UNC Athletics website they have a new partnership with StubHub! - UNC ticket holders can "reach a broader audience than ever before" - including UNLV fans apparently.

Roy's skin is so thin he can hear his organs working. Toughen up, Droopy.
    I think you mean "Toughen up, Huckleberry." As in whiney old hound dog.

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    if you go to the UNC Athletics website they have a new partnership with StubHub! - UNC ticket holders can "reach a broader audience than ever before"
    As if you can find any broader behinds than the ones in the light blue seats already. They have some massive keisters over there!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    http://www.google.com/search?q=droop...w=1140&bih=512

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Couldn't it also be "lighten up, Francis"?
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I have said it before, but it bears repeating: Ol Roy, The Gift that Keeps on Giving

This story is a recap of other comments he made on the radio show. A couple of my personal favorites from the link:

By not calling the timeout early in the second half, what kind of lessons did you want your players to learn? “I asked them in the locker room, ‘Why do you think I didn’t call a timeout?’ And Justin Watts said, ‘We need them at the end of a close game - we’ve all seen teams lose because they don’t have a timeout.’ And I said, ‘Yes, Coach Smith taught me that and I still believe it’s the best way.’ And I said, ‘Give me another reason.’ And ‘Z’ said, ‘We’ve got to be able to fight through that ourselves and be able to get what we do in practice every day so it’s learning.’ And I said, ‘Guys, I wasn’t coaching just to coach against UNLV. I was coaching this team for this year for this program.’ And then today Bobby [Frasor] brought something up. We played N.C. State here and they had it 12-0. I didn’t call a timeout and I said if they scored the first 50 I wasn’t going to call a timeout. I didn’t get us in this dadgum hole, you did. Get us out of it. "

Can you explain the help defense against UNLV?

I’ve said I think this team has a chance to be really good defensively. We’ve got to do a better job of guarding the ball in the middle of the court. We work on it every day. Every day, every night, every minute. I ask the guys, ‘What do we need to get better on?’ ‘Guarding the ball.’ So we work on it. And at the same time, we’re working on bluffing early sometime if you’re guarding a good shooter. If you’re not guarding a good shooter, get all of the way in. And Vegas exposed us a little bit. We weren’t satisfied [in the first five games], but everybody thought Ol’ Roy had those guys playing better on the 3-point line this year shooting 29 percent. And now Ol’ Roy doesn’t know what the dickens he’s doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I have said it before, but it bears repeating: Ol Roy, The Gift that Keeps on Giving

This story is a recap of other comments he made on the radio show. A couple of my personal favorites from the link:
    What a maroon.

(Not to go all 60's cartoons on two different threads)