Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

New polls 11/28/11

We moved up to 3rd (with two #1 votes) and play #2 Ohio State next. The heels dropped to 5th (teehee) and play #1 Kentucky on Saturday. As much as I'd love to see UK lose that #1 ranking for us to have a chance to be in the top spot, (providing we manage to beat the Buckeyes..not getting ahead of myself) I still can't pull for the heels to win. Regardless of the outcome of our game, I'd love to see carolina lose 2 games in 7 days. Anyways, no matter who wins what...this will be a fun week for basketball.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Harvard finishes 27th in this week's poll with 101 points (#25 Texas A&M finished had 115 points). I hope the coaches give Tommy's Crimson a little more credit.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We moved up to 3rd (with two #1 votes) and play #2 Ohio State next. The heels dropped to 5th (teehee) and play #1 Kentucky on Saturday. As much as I'd love to see UK lose that #1 ranking for us to have a chance to be in the top spot, (providing we manage to beat the Buckeyes..not getting ahead of myself) I still can't pull for the heels to win. Regardless of the outcome of our game, I'd love to see carolina lose 2 games in 7 days. Anyways, no matter who wins what...this will be a fun week for basketball.
    Why stop at 2?

UNC could lose 3 times this week with a favor from Wisconsin on Wed

I'm interested in seeing this group of Florida frosh vs the 'Cuse on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Harvard finishes 27th in this week's poll with 101 points (#25 Texas A&M finished had 115 points). I hope the coaches give Tommy's Crimson a little more credit.
    Nope. Harvard is 27th in the coaches' poll, too. Duke is #4. Meanwhile, #3 Syracuse gets a first place vote. Obviously doesn't mean much... just interesting to see what how people evaluate the different teams.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Nope, they finish 2 spots outside in the coaches' too. They have 2 winnable games this week, so there is a good chance they will go into Storrs undefeated.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Smile Another sign of respect for Duke

is that LOSING to Duke didn't hurt either Kansas or Michigan in the weekly polls. Both retained 14/15th places in each poll.

Harvard got jipped.

What has Cal or Texas A&M done to deserve to be ranked? Creighton too! Good god poll people. It's amazing at this rate that SLU wasn't jipped. I'd point out of course that Harvard actually played tougher competition than SLU but god damn it.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They have 2 winnable games this week, so there is a good chance they will go into Storrs undefeated.
    Outside of games involving your "home team" has there ever been an easier game to pick who to root for than Harvard versus UConn? Aside from uh_no and a few other die-hard UConn fans who hang around these parts, will there be anyone here not pulling HARD for Harvard in that game?

Heck, I might... might... rather see Harvard win that game than see Duke beat Ohio State.

-Jason "I said 'I might...' lay off already " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

UNC could lose 3 times this week with a favor from Wisconsin on Wed
    Don't see that happening; they still purty good. Us at #3 is about where I thought we should have been
    in the preseason. May not stay there long; OSU should move us up or down.

Interesting to note that we got two first-place votes in the AP poll this week. Not that I think we're necessarily deserving of them. We'll know more tomorrow night...

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Interesting to note that we got two first-place votes in the AP poll this week. Not that I think we're necessarily deserving of them. We'll know more tomorrow night...
    I posted this in another thread where polls were being discussed:

Here's this week's poll analysis for Duke. #1 votes came from Joey Johnston and Jon Wilner.

I posted this in another thread where polls were being discussed:
    Nice. Thanks, juise. Joey is with the Tampa Tribune I believe.

heels or kentucky

Alright so lets be honest here. IF we could beat Ohio St. on Tuesday night, and Carolina could pull off a win over Kentucky, then that would put us #1 in the nation. Now I know polls don't matter all that much until the final one, but I like our boys to carry that #1 ranking every year. Just makes for some good bragging rights around the old workplace. Anyhoo, heres my question, would you pull for the holes over kensucky if we could get a #1 ranking out of it? As much as I hate to say it, #1 will be there later in the year, I hope kensucky kills the holes!!!!! Wouldn't pull for the holes if they were playing the taliban!!!! Just my opinion.

Don't care about being #1 in the polls, esp. in December.

The answer to "Heels or ___" is always... always... always... whatever comes after "or".

I'd actually rather not be #1 in the polls this time of year, if the reason is that other teams have lost rather than that people actually thought Duke was that good to start with. It just adds pressure that doesn't help anything.

As for UNC-Kentucky, ugh. Can I cheer for both teams to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    As for UNC-Kentucky, ugh. Can I cheer for both teams to lose?
    If Kentucky wins, they will later vacate that win so essentially, they both lose.

Quote Originally Posted by wncdevilfan View Post
    Alright so lets be honest here. IF we could beat Ohio St. on Tuesday night, and Carolina could pull off a win over Kentucky, then that would put us #1 in the nation. Now I know polls don't matter all that much until the final one, but I like our boys to carry that #1 ranking every year. Just makes for some good bragging rights around the old workplace. Anyhoo, heres my question, would you pull for the holes over kensucky if we could get a #1 ranking out of it? As much as I hate to say it, #1 will be there later in the year, I hope kensucky kills the holes!!!!! Wouldn't pull for the holes if they were playing the taliban!!!! Just my opinion.
    I really don't like Ky basketball at all and think their coach is sleaze bag. Having said that, if anyone has a Ky shirt I could wear on Wednesday, I'd wear it. 9F all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wncdevilfan View Post

The answer to this is, and always will be: GTHC, GTH.

I pull for Kentucky once a year (unless they meet UNC in the NCAA's) and that game comes this week. If the Heels played tge Taliban I would pull for UNC but only then.
    As for #1--I prefer not to be at this time of year.