Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vick indicted

Actually, I've found city dogs to be pretty cool around cyclists. In the country, though, it can get seriously scary sometimes.

For example ...

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Actually, I've found city dogs to be pretty cool around cyclists. In the country, though, it can get seriously scary sometimes.
    Is this a city dog or a country dog?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0wcC_CP_VA

Finally, a Tour de France post.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

greybeard, I think you may have been intending to be ironic, but there are de facto dog parks all over the DC area. The Belt Road side of Fort Reno near my house, for instance. I can also count on seeing loose dogs in Little Falls Park every time I ride my bike there between Massachusetts Ave and the Capital Crescent Trail. I think there may be controversy over whether to make them legally sanctioned, but they exist, with or without legal authority.
    Jezz, you guys must really think I live (at least in my head) on the moon. I've seen dog parks; just giving dog owners a little grief, because some dog owners think that they own the entire joint, including what used to be the "lone" decent public field for soccer in the entire District of Columbia. Now they own that too. With the size of those pooches of theirs, whose gonna argue with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Is this a city dog or a country dog?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0wcC_CP_VA

Finally, a Tour de France post.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I saw that live! The pooch, apparently, shook it off quickly.

And, WAY off topic, so did Vino today! I'm rooting for him (now that sentimental favorite Moreau is toast), but I think he may have been in too deep a hole to crawl out of. Still, tomorrow is another day that is going to shake up the standings, so qui sait?

I saw that live! The pooch, apparently, shook it off quickly.

And, WAY off topic, so did Vino today! I'm rooting for him (now that sentimental favorite Moreau is toast), but I think he may have been in too deep a hole to crawl out of. Still, tomorrow is another day that is going to shake up the standings, so qui sait?
    Vino was fantastic today. So was Cadell, Rasmussen, Kloden, Contador, and ... shoot, the whole Tour was dynamite the last week. I think what makes Vino's performance today so special is seeing him fall the other day, get help from Kloden, manage to survive, struggle with his injuries, and turn it on today. If only Astana didn't wear that shade of blue!

Check out the last two climbs in tomorrow's route in the Pyrenees!
    http://www.letour.fr/2007/TDF/LIVE/u...par_etape.html

The skill, competition, color, and coverage has me hooked again this year. With all the housecleaning in cycling, I am enjoying seeing new faces move up.

I'll add France during the Tour to my list of three places I'd like to see before I die (see dukemomLA's thread). And perhaps also Normandy Beach (see billybreen's "Oh France" post in Public Policy Board today).

Sure beats talking about Vick!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

on topic, sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    The skill, competition, color, and coverage has me hooked again this year. With all the housecleaning in cycling, I am enjoying seeing new faces move up.
    Exactly. It's been the most enjoyable TdF for me in a decade because of that.

Put another way, with Lance & Floyd out, the announcers don't have a dog in the fight (heh - running and ducking, but getting back on topic, ya know), they actually have to talk about the race.

I like the Astana kits. Do they remind you of UNC? To me, it's a different shade altogether, more aqua. Milram is more like Carolina Blue, though I think I like theirs best of all.

Put another way, with Lance & Floyd out, the announcers don't have a dog in the fight (heh - running and ducking, but getting back on topic, ya know), they actually have to talk about the race.
    Dude, it's one thing to hijack a thread, but that's just callous

...and they have to think of new things to say. We played the cliche game in years past...count how many times they refered to Jan Ulrich as a "beast of man on a bicycle" or referenced him "turning over that massive gear" while Armstong was always "dancing on the pedals"