Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I was at the game in Atlanta. What I remember about the game (maybe it was in the Feinstein book) is that in the locker room after the game Sampson accused the Duke players of playing dirty. Gee, if we hadn't played dirty, would we have lost by 64 points instead of 43?

sagegrouse
    That's why "Meagher spit in your face" is still funny to this day.

zero wins vs Sampson

If my recall is correct, we never beat Virginia during Ralph's 4 year career and I remember him shooting 3 pointers and dribbling between his legs during some of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by attackdog View Post
    If my recall is correct, we never beat Virginia during Ralph's 4 year career and I remember him shooting 3 pointers and dribbling between his legs during some of those games.
    I don't think the three-point line came in until 1988 or so, but I do not doubt that he was putting up some 15 footers +. Heck, with his wingspan, that's still just a finger-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    I didn't hear this interview but in the past I've found Dan Patrick to be particularly snarky with/about Coach K. Some have said that that is the kind of relationship they have with each other, but I found it annoying.
    I don't listen to Dan Patrick very often but, when I have heard him interviewing coach K, I have found him quite entertaining as he does seem to try to get on coach K for something and coach plays along with him very well, IMO.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Big Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don't think the three-point line came in until 1988 or so, but I do not doubt that he was putting up some 15 footers +. Heck, with his wingspan, that's still just a finger-roll.
    ACC used the short line in 82-83 and adopted college standard around 86, IIRC. So, Ralph may have shot some 3 pointers -- don't recall.

Coach K probably meant he played 40 minutes as in he played until the end of the game but I didn't hear the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's why "Meagher spit in your face" is still funny to this day.
    I was at that game. If Tom Sheehee isn't in your top-5 most hated ACC players ever, you've missed a true candidate.

I was at that game. If Tom Sheehee isn't in your top-5 most hated ACC players ever, you've missed a true candidate.
    WTH? Even above Maktar, McInnis, Washington, Larry Brown and, umm, err, ahh, well, OK, he is in the top 5. (unc players not spell-checked)

WTH? Even above Maktar, McInnis, Washington, Larry Brown and, umm, err, ahh, well, OK, he is in the top 5. (unc players not spell-checked)
    1. Makhtar Ndaiye for being a putz race baiter.
    2. J.R. Reid for being a big-butt big butt.
    3. Tom Sheehey. Self-explanatory.
    4. Deron Washington. Thug.
    5. Tom Sheehey. 'Cause Dan only spit in his face once.

1. Makhtar Ndaiye for being a putz race baiter.
    2. J.R. Reid for being a big-butt big butt.
    3. Tom Sheehey. Self-explanatory.
    4. Deron Washington. Thug.
    5. Tom Sheehey. 'Cause Dan only spit in his face once.
    Well, we agree on 3 but ya just can't have Sheehey on there twice. Larry Brown's gotta be on the list for him instigating/invoking the fight with "Ahtie" before our time. Didn't think J.R. was that hated, butt (sic) I guess you/he "can't Reid/read."

Well, we agree on 3 but ya just can't have Sheehey on there twice.
    It was a compromise, I wanted to list Sheehey three times.

I was at the JR Can't Read game, as well as the one where Dan Meagher, er, spit in Sheehey's face. Neither as good as the "In Hale-Ex Hale" game in '86 where we clinched the ACC on senior night.

Gotta love Cameron.

It was a compromise, I wanted to list Sheehey three times.

I was at the JR Can't Read game, as well as the one where Dan Meagher, er, spit in Sheehey's face. Neither as good as the "In Hale-Ex Hale" game in '86 where we clinched the ACC on senior night.

Gotta love Cameron.
    My daughter roomed with Dr. Hale's daughter during one session of summer school a couple years ago. She howled when I told her the "In Hale, Ex Hale" story.

My daughter roomed with Dr. Hale's daughter during one session of summer school a couple years ago. She howled when I told her the "In Hale, Ex Hale" story.
    If I recall correctly, he was sitting on the bench next to Joe Wolf at the time. Both seemed very amused.

If you're looking for candidates for most-hated, let me remind people that John Roche and John Ribock played for South Carolina, when they were in the ACC. Roche was a great talent but a smug, cheap-shot artist,and Ribock was his protector.

"Dirty" Dan Wells earned his nickname at State.

Dave Budd, at Wake, was a hockey enforcer. Kick sand in your face and dis your mama.