Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Although I would still be very excited for a game, having it not be in either CIS or the DD would be a let down. And if the Players do end up accepting the deal, I highly doubt this game would still take place.

Should be fun though. We will see how it shapes up...

Ah! If only jason williams would be playing, instead of coaching. If only. Let's hope Battier, Dunleavy, Hill, among others decide to partake. Nevertheless, it will be exciting!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Ah! If only jason williams would be playing, instead of coaching. If only. Let's hope Battier, Dunleavy, Hill, among others decide to partake. Nevertheless, it will be exciting!
    Even if they don't play, I'd love to hear about these guys (along with a bunch of heels) crowding the stands and adding to the atomosphere.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I have no idea if their season has started yet but I would love to see the Alaskan Assassin back in a Duke uniform along with Boozer and Battier.
    The Terrapin Assassin

You can't really have it at Cameron or the Dean Dome if you're only going to have one game, it wouldn't be fair to both teams. I was actually thinking the RBC center would be a nice neutral location, but I hate that building and plus I think State fans would all collectively jump off of a bridge.

Bluedevil114, I believe Trajan retired from international competition a year or two ago. Maybe he and JJ could have a three-point shootout against Wayne Ellington and, I dunno, Shammod Williams? (Wow, they really don't have any shooting guards). Then Gerald Henderson and Dahntae Jones could have a dunk contest against Vince Carter and Jerry Stackhouse.

Being a one and done game, I can understand not having it at Cameron or the Dean Dome. I think a very logical venue would have been the Greensboro Coliseum. These are the two power house teams of the ACC and the Greensboro Coliseum has hosted so many ACC Tournaments (I think more than any other venue but I may be mistaken) so it seems only appropriate that the game take place there. It would definitely sell out. Either way, I'm just going to go ahead and say it, I'd rather see this game take place than see the NBA reach an agreement. Sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    As some of you know I am a sponsor for the upcoming Clash in Cameron event featuring the nations toip HS stars. I have been working with Belid Sports and the guys at NC Pro Am and I am happy to break the news that the Duke vs UNC Alumni game will be on the campus of NCCU on November 17th. Now you guys have a big heads up here, so if you want to go to the game, buy tickets to the NCCU womens basketball game on the same day, like five eminutes ago. Read this article for more - http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/11/b...lly-scheduled/ I will keep you posted on both events. It should be fun.
    the nc central site isn't selling any tickets for a women's game on the 17th. do we have to call? or should we just get there real early?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    the nc central site isn't selling any tickets for a women's game on the 17th. do we have to call? or should we just get there real early?
    The reason is that only season ticket holders will be honored. The idea is to keep scalpers from buying up the tickets and laying them on you for a crazy amount. They are working on the logistics and I will hear something soon in that I have broke every bit of news on this. It's frustrating not getting credit and then some link others who followed up after the fact and still didn't get all the info correct. I am getting use to that though. Anyhow, it looks like getting there early is the key. As I said, I work closely with these guys on this and you will even see a BDN banner. Everybody I have worked with has the players best interest at heart and some of the proceeds will go to good places. I will have more on that and some more exciting news later but have football and basketball PC's to attend. Somewhere in between that I hope to share some more good news for it is in the works. JWill, FTR, will no be able to participate and tickets should be reasonable. Good luck to all scoring seats.

More ticket info?

http://www2.nbc17.com/sports/durham-...rs-ar-1586887/

"Tickets for the almuni showdown will go on sale Friday, Nov. 11 through Bleid Sports or NC Central. Prices for the tickets have yet to be determined."

Postponed?

It's apparently postponed. I'm not sure what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    what? no! where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I think it means they are not playing the game as previosly scheduled but may play it at a later time. (;