Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MD new Under Armour unis

Watching a few minutes of Miami @ MD and what the heck with the MD unis?!
    They have 32 new combinations courtesy of the Under Armour alumni guy and I think they are wearing all 32 tonight, all at once.
    It's like a clown football team.
    Seriously, the arm wraps are stupid. Ugh!!!
    I mean the helmets look liks something the dog barfed up!
    Last edited by weezie; 09-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Here's the link to the photo gallery (WARNING-may cause ophthalmic hemorrhage):

http://www.umterps.com/view.gal?id=100044

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Watching a few minutes of Miami @ MD and what the heck with the MD unis?!
    They have 32 new combinations courtesy of the Under Armour alumni guy and I think they are wearing all 32 tonight, all at once.
    It's like a clown football team.
    Seriously, the arm wraps are stupid. Ugh!!!
    Look closely at the details... those are snippets from the flag of the State of Maryland.

I have always thought of condiments when I see the Maryland colors, all four or five of them. Now the Miami colors, they're more like a spoiled salad bar or old peas and carrots.

Deac, aren't they hilarious?!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    those are snippets from the flag of the State of Maryland.
    Yeah, the state shaped like a lamb chop.

When did orange become one of the colors of the state of Maryland??? My only guesses are: (1) the yellows and reds from the state flag ran together in the wash; or (2) the Terps are trying to emulate the Orioles ... a baseball team that hasn't had a winning season in nearly 30 years.
    No soup for you!

This design extravaganza is probably making Alexander Julian work on a new design for the Carolina football team. They need a new look... maybe the argyle side panel on the pants and some sort of daring, random pattern on the helmets... instead of stickers for tackles, maybe letter grades....F, D+ C-, F+ to show the academic emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    When did orange become one of the colors of the state of Maryland??? My only guesses are: (1) the yellows and reds from the state flag ran together in the wash; or (2) the Terps are trying to emulate the Orioles ... a baseball team that hasn't had a winning season in nearly 30 years.
    Could be an attempt to reduce costs by selecting a color overlooked by others, thus a lower cost.

Don't you mean hideous?

At least the shoulders match the pattern on the same side of the helmet. They could have gone the opposite way and really messed with the look.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Don't you mean hideous?
    You say potayto, he says potahto.

Isn't Duke, wearing black, akin to Maryland wearing blue?

Can you tell I don't like black uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    Hey now. Either get your facts right, or use less subtle hyperbole. The O's made the playoffs in 1997.

But your point is made.

I had not noticed the shoes last night. They really set off the rest of the uniforms.

...and does this smilie appear to be a bald Adolph Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Hey now. Either get your facts right, or use less subtle hyperbole. The O's made the playoffs in 1997.

But your point is made.
    LOL, I stand corrected! I grew up in Baltimore, in the days of Earl Weaver, Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell, Jim Palmer and so many other greats. As a kid, my summer evenings were often spent on the front porch of our row house with my radio, listening to the games. I still look at the standings to see where the Orioles are ... and only two playoff appearances since 1983 is painful ... the few winning seasons in the 90's are drowned out by all the losing.
    No soup for you!

I was having a great deal of fun picking on the Maryland foot ball unis last night until Maryland won the game. Granted it was at home against a depleted Miami team...but they still looked pretty darn effective running AND throwing the football. Ugly uniforms are alot less ugly on a team that makes a bowl game.

am i the only one who likes them?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    am i the only one who likes them?
    I thought they were kinda cool for a primetime season opener. I like it when teams try something new like this for one game. Now, if they are to be a permanent fixture they would get old fast.

The Maryland uniforms are getting dissed on CNBC today! They are calling them hideous! And UnderArmor's stock is taking a beating, although to be fair, the market is down big today...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com