Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up New Board

I love the board setup! My sincere thanks to all who worked on this!

Test post.

The server(s) seem to be zooming on this board. Great job, guys. I like the "quick reply" box but is there anyway to get it to "activate" automatically instead of having to click on something first?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The server(s) seem to be zooming on this board. Great job, guys. I like the "quick reply" box but is there anyway to get it to "activate" automatically instead of having to click on something first?
    Thanks! We do currently require a click, the rational being what our administration control screen states:

"When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

"If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

"We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums."

Quote Originally Posted by Boswell View Post
    Thanks! We do currently require a click, the rational being what our administration control screen states:

"When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

"If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

"We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums."

Thanks. That makes sense. I appreciate the answer!

5. Hey all. The new board looks nice and it's good to see the discussion starting up again.

Great job with the new board.

[check, check, one, two, one, two.]

love the new boards. Thanks, guys!

The new board is fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work putting it together so quickly.

Liking the boards

I agree with all the other comments, and related to the discussion of avatars--I've seen some others where the pictures were...let me say, a bit inappropriate? I'm hoping we keep the class of the boards. New format is great; still waiting to see on the open trust piece. I'm hopeful, but easing into some things (including avatars) might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Why is it that none of the little smilies look like a Blue Devil. You'd think someone would have done that by now!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Sho nuff!

Beautiful.

All there is to it.

Kudos on new boards

I'm chiming in with everyone else in saluting the new Boards. They are as good as I've seen

GMR

I just wanted to say you picked the best forum out there. vBulletin is by far the best available. I've closely watched the DBR for a few years now. Good to see such amazing improvements.

It looks great.

I'm looking forward to having another board to discuss Duke basketball. Thanks to all those who set this up.

It looks like there are quite a few others who have come over from TDD. It will be nice to have two boards to discuss the team and other topics.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

Why no avatars

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    To me, it's not just the size of the avatars, but the content. I think it's better to just leave it clean and classy than risk people putting up sophomoric stuff.
    Both you and throaty nailed it. Really, there's so many reasons. My primary ones would be the distraction they cause (particularly when animated), but also the sometimes questionable content.

But hey, this is America. Let's have a vote and then let the real bosses do whatever they want. ;-)