Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You bet! In fact, I'd fill an entire above ground pool with them under that window, AD. Along with davekay's twice baked BP and some sauteed veggies.

Attachment 1979

And that's not just crazietalk!

Attachment 1980
    Well, I just might have to invite Dexter for a guest appearance and serve some of this pie And we'll need Kyle there too, to flop up...excuse me, I mean mop up , if something gets spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Well, I just might have to invite Dexter for a guest appearance and serve some of this pie And we'll need Kyle there too, to flop up...excuse me, I mean mop up , if something gets spilled
    Great clip, wheat. Plus, the added bonus of the ref making the correct call.

24.gif

and the final product:

#2 Duke............ 42 33 - 75
    #1 North Carolina...... 28 30 - 58

devil9f.gif

....the added bonus of the ref making the correct call.
    I would submit that clip to the department of lame as the worst call of the year, but I can't seem to find the address.

I would submit that clip to the department of lame as the worst call of the year, but I can't seem to find the address.
    i would agree with you, if you were right...

but....

i doooooo love it when a unc high flyer thinks they have a highlight reel add, only to find out it was a charge...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    No one talking about Dickie V? If drinking games are involved I'd love to hear him once the games get going!
    You wouldn't hear anything else. The other 4 guests might as well not show up. Plus I doubt Vitale has any pearls of wisdom that he hasn't already shared. I don't see him keeping many secrets, or anything else for that matter, to himself. I think his mouth opens automatically as soon as a thought arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    .... a unc high flyer thinks they have a highlight reel add, only to find out it was a charge...
    There was only one guy in the building who thought that was a charge, and I'll be damned if he didn't have a whistle.

I can only imagine how this board would have reacted to the same call if Nolan had done that to Barnes when he turned his back on the play like Singler did there.

The overhead shot of the play removes any doubt the Ref missed that one.

As Bilas would say...quoting Jeezy, of course..."real recognize real".

There was only one guy in the building who thought that was a charge, and I'll be damned if he didn't have a whistle.

I can only imagine how this board would have reacted to the same call if Nolan had done that to Barnes when he turned his back on the play like Singler did there.

The overhead shot of the play removes any doubt the Ref missed that one.

As Bilas would say...quoting Jeezy, of course..."real recognize real".
    And the ref still made the correct call even with 20K+ blind folks there in attendance with pale, washed out blue shirts and without whistles.

24.gif

devil9f.gif

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would invite:

1. Tom Sheehey
    2. Makhtar Ndiaye
    3. Deron Washington
    4. JR Reid
    5. Bill Lambier

Lock the door behind me, and seal the door shut.
    Oh geez I laughed at this ... who will Sheehey accuse of touching his, um, ... does anybody else remember a game from the late 80s against Virginia when, if I'm recalling correctly, the players from Duke and the opponent would shake hands one at a time at mid-court during introductions, and, again, if I'm remembering correctly, Sheehey tried to kick Ferry ... I swear that's what happened, but might even be wrong about the mid-court handshake thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I get the impression that simply keeping a conversation sustained with Hansbrough would be painful.
    You not interested in hearing the finer points of shirtless ping pong known as Texas-style?

And the ref still made the correct call even with 20K+ blind folks there in attendance with pale, washed out blue shirts and without whistles.
    I thought it was a bad call, or at least it was a 50/50 call and Duke got a little lucky. It certainly prevented UNC from gaining momentum at a point in the game where they were starting to, but in the end I don't think it affected the outcome of the game or anything.

No matter who you invite to the dinner, Barkley is picking up the tip. He's a notoriously good tipper, it's been said that he will often ask his server what's the largest tip they've ever received, then match or exceed it. On the other end of the spectrum? Scotty Pippen. Other players nicknamed him "no tippin' Pippen" for his miserly habits.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Very good question! I played for a coach in high school who was just like Pat Summit. He terrorized my high school days and I always said he was the male version of Pat. Coach Summit, to me, seems very stone cold, and I've rarely seen a soft side to her.
    Geno, on the other hand, seems like a big teddy bear underneath it all. Some of his former players (Taurasi and Bird) have commented on his soft side and I love his personality during his interviews. His efforts to make Tina Charles in to the player she was her senior year also made me appreciate him.

SIDE NOTE - I think Geno knows which buttons to push with his players. Some may say he was hard on Tina during her first 3 years, but if you look at the outcome and listen to her discuss her appreciation of what Coach Auriemma did to make her the player she was, I think he you can understand he knows what to do to make his players better.
    I have always had a high opinion of Pat Summitt, and it went higher when she showed up at a Vols' mens' game in a cheerleader outfit.